"Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense".
                -- Winston Churchill

Author Topic: Plate armor  (Read 15366 times)

Leganoth

• Forum Follower
Re: Plate armor
« Reply #30 on: 2012-02-22, 19:58:40 »
Then again...

If I was going to go for a custom job I would be pestering this absolutely magnificent armorer!  ;)
http://modernchivalry.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=25

I thought he went out of business a while back??

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #31 on: 2012-02-22, 20:05:09 »
Yes, he did, but he's a member of this forum (and AA) and he's been churning out stuff on the sly...if you get a chance to get any of his wares, TAKE IT.  I wish he was still in business...I have a gorget, spaulders and greaves setup from him; would've liked to have gotten cuisses and knees, his upper rebrace and elbow cops with a BP to round it all out.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Leganoth

• Forum Follower
« Reply #32 on: 2012-02-22, 22:22:14 »
aww so he wouldnt be able to make a full suit

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #33 on: 2012-02-23, 15:43:58 »
Not since he's closed up shop...but before?  Oh yea.  If I only had the money back then...
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Allan Senefelder

• Forum Follower
« Reply #34 on: 2012-02-23, 17:08:29 »

I have been building and selling to stuff to cover the bills and costs of getting outstanding commisions done http://www.myarmoury.com/talk/search.php?mode=results  ( most of the entries on the first page ) for several months once I gave up looking for a new job ( the crap condition of my car makes it next to impossible to seek a new job currently anyway ). I do not take commisions of any sort selling/taking money only for finished goods as my focus is on getting outstanding commisions finished not getting back into the business. I do not and will not build for sale anything which is still owed, that would be definitively not right. It takes a fair amount of sold material to keep this going and I have been trying to remember to cross post stuff I put up here, so if you keep an eye open theres a fair chance to pick up something. As I have to build stuff every week it is possible to arrange to have something that is not owed build ( payment only after completion ) so I don't have to figure out what to build to sell, but again this is limited to what is not owed outstanding commissions, and materials avaliable.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #35 on: 2012-02-23, 18:05:07 »
Don't get my hopes up Allan...please don't!!!  lol

Although I doubt anyone would be happier to see you back in the biz, I know what you're doing and I think it honorable.

Leganoth

• Forum Follower
« Reply #36 on: 2012-02-23, 19:32:26 »

I have been building and selling to stuff to cover the bills and costs of getting outstanding commisions done http://www.myarmoury.com/talk/search.php?mode=results  ( most of the entries on the first page ) for several months once I gave up looking for a new job ( the crap condition of my car makes it next to impossible to seek a new job currently anyway ). I do not take commisions of any sort selling/taking money only for finished goods as my focus is on getting outstanding commisions finished not getting back into the business. I do not and will not build for sale anything which is still owed, that would be definitively not right. It takes a fair amount of sold material to keep this going and I have been trying to remember to cross post stuff I put up here, so if you keep an eye open theres a fair chance to pick up something. As I have to build stuff every week it is possible to arrange to have something that is not owed build ( payment only after completion ) so I don't have to figure out what to build to sell, but again this is limited to what is not owed outstanding commissions, and materials avaliable.

Ahh I think I understand, Ill look around and see what your posting from now often

Sir Matthew

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #37 on: 2012-02-23, 22:18:46 »
If I ever win the lottery or inherit a huge sum of money, I'll be giving you a call Allan. I have a wish list long enough to keep you gainfully employed making armor for a very long time. I would still definitely love to get my hands on an Almain Collar (hint, hint). Can't find anyone else making them  :-[

Allan Senefelder

• Forum Follower
« Reply #38 on: 2012-02-23, 22:23:52 »
I would still definitely love to get my hands on an Almain Collar (hint, hint).

I currently owe one of those.

Sir Matthew

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #39 on: 2012-02-23, 22:27:43 »
I would still definitely love to get my hands on an Almain Collar (hint, hint).

I currently owe one of those.

Ah, well, so it goes. It doesn't hurt to drop a hint or ask, I suppose. Maybe I just need to buy more (or a) lottery tickets  ;)