"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."
                -- Ernest Hemingway

Author Topic: Covering your face is illegal  (Read 16463 times)

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Covering your face is illegal
« Reply #15 on: 2012-02-23, 18:06:33 »
You're going to have a go at the burkha wearers?  That should be interesting.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #16 on: 2012-02-23, 18:57:10 »
You're going to have a go at the burkha wearers?  That should be interesting.

Yeah, I think it's fascinating that that is exactly what may point it out as unconstitutional. :)
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • "Nobiscum Deus" "Libertas ad omnes civitates"
« Reply #17 on: 2012-02-23, 21:28:46 »
Sir William, you just wait until you hear about home defence. If I know a knight such as you coorectly, you will love WV after you learn about the castle law  :)
"The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect." -Carl Von Clausewitz
"He is truly a fearless knight and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith just as his body is protected by armor of steel." -Saint Bernard of Clairvoux

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #18 on: 2012-02-24, 15:30:12 »
Oh yea, I know...the Castle doctrine should be standard in EVERY state.  The states that have ruled against it, are just sitting ducks if you ask me.  I'm fine with the State having overarching responsibility for the safety of its citizens but to take away their right to defend themselves is not just unconstitutional, it is criminal, in my mind.

They might as well dub them 'Lemming States' and have done with it.
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #19 on: 2012-02-24, 16:45:31 »

IMHO, taking away someone's means of self defense absolutely is criminal, unless they can guarantee your safety for you (which of course they can't).

VA currently has a castle-law going through the process, but from what I hear it lacks teeth. Still, a step in the right direction.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #20 on: 2012-02-24, 18:23:25 »
Let us hope they adopt it wholeheartedly, then maybe the idiots in MD might follow suit.  I'm starting to feel like we may eventually have to protect ourselves from the police as well (as if that climate isn't already here).

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #21 on: 2012-02-25, 03:58:49 »
Come on in guys! Come to WV! You get to brandish your weapons in public (even w/o a peacetie), protect your homes and selves, and even your families! Heck, next thing you know we'll be able to legally own the Berkeley Springs castle if we storm and hold it for few days!   ;D
"The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect." -Carl Von Clausewitz
"He is truly a fearless knight and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith just as his body is protected by armor of steel." -Saint Bernard of Clairvoux

Sir Patrick

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Nex pro inhonesto, Deus pro totus.
    • The Order of the Marshal
« Reply #22 on: 2012-02-25, 05:19:45 »

Heck, next thing you know we'll be able to legally own the Berkeley Springs castle if we storm and hold it for few days!

I'll pack a bag!
Gules, a chevron argent between three cinquefoils ermine.
"Better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand as a lamb."
Knight, Order of the Marshal

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #23 on: 2012-02-25, 14:27:16 »
i'll start cutting trees to make the siege weapons

Sir Matthew

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #24 on: 2012-02-25, 18:30:36 »
I'll borrow the Faire's cannon.

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #25 on: 2012-02-25, 18:55:36 »
I was talking about this with my dad last night, and got confused. I said class 1 felony and class 6 felony, and he said class 6 is a "lower" felony. I thought it was felony, and not misdemeanor, so most of what I thought would be useful info for us was not. However, he did say something which I had not thought of; wearing a burka shouldn't, in theory, be excluded by this. Federal law of religious freedom allows them to wear it, and Virginia would likely lose if it came to a real court case. Of course, there's the time, money, and energy to file and pursue a case if that did happen. The one guy got his driver's license done with a spaghetti strainer on his head, as freedom of religion and his "church of the flying spaghetti monster" headgear couldn't be removed. Maybe what we need to do is create a religion based around swords and armor, and our helmets are "articles of faith"?
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir Matthew

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #26 on: 2012-02-25, 21:44:21 »
Maybe what we need to do is create a religion based around swords and armor, and our helmets are "articles of faith"?

Easy enough for those of us doing crusader orders. Members of these orders were monks, thus the armor and helmets could be considered vestments.

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #27 on: 2012-02-26, 01:08:06 »
except its against the law in MD to carry anything anywhere longer than 3.5 inches.

glad they dont check my pants HAH!

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #28 on: 2012-02-26, 03:44:17 »
Thank God for going Military Oders! How about we just paint (or get in brass) crosses on our helms. Boom. Instant articles of the Christian faith!

Sir Wolf,