"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."
                -- Ernest Hemingway

Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic  (Read 21382 times)

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
« Reply #30 on: 2012-01-17, 21:36:55 »
Yeah, I'm probably going to hold onto Artifice/Treasure Hunting for now (I'd keep Archeology since it's pure gathering), and not do anything rash. But I'll keep it dormant.

If you need a personal healbot for pvp let me know.

I'll have to take you up on that. :) If I pop "guard" onto you, I can earn a lot of points for that too. I just have to tank half of your incoming damage. :)

Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #31 on: 2012-01-23, 02:02:40 »
48 now and just arrived on Corellia.  I really enjoyed the storyline on Voss. I thought both the class storyline and the planet storyline were above and beyond. Felt like the depth of writing and the story arcs were just a lot deeper than on some of the other planets.  I felt a lot more invested in my choices here.

Other than that I've been healing a decent amount in warzones. The people who understand protecting the healer is advantageous make the fights a lot more fun.  I should be 50 soon, then we can run some matches together and do some flashpoints. 
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #32 on: 2012-01-23, 03:25:38 »
Awesome, yeah I liked Voss too, except for all the darned running in that temple. :)

Corellia is pretty impressive. Large city areas. I feel like they did something similar to what they did in Hoth. The quests aren't hugely numerous, but they require you to travel around a bit. Of course, you'll get to finally confront The First Son toward the end of it. It's a tougher class boss, but only a little. He just has an insta-kill ability that you need to interrupt.

I'm having a lot of fun in the warzones, except the other day when I got disconnected three times, all during imminent wins. I usually try to "guard" the Sages when I get a chance to. Having a decent healer often makes or breaks your chances of success. If I can guard them, and they pop heals on me, we can do pretty well.

I got my first piece of 50 PVP gear. Looks like it'll take a while to grind out the rest, especially if all I do is warzones and not Ilum. Ilum PVP looks like it's pretty hit or miss right now, anyway.

« Last Edit: 2012-01-23, 03:27:49 by Sir Edward »
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #33 on: 2012-01-23, 05:45:56 »
Just saw it on my friends machine a bit tonight and I want to play. I like Bioware's stuff too bad my machine cannot even run KOTR 1.
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #34 on: 2012-02-12, 20:52:48 »
Well, I've still been hitting the PVP warzones most days. I'm not always getting the daily done (sometimes it takes two nights depending on how much time I have, and whether we're on a losing streak). Some nights I can get 3 wins in rapid succession, and others it takes 8-12 matches just to get the 3 wins for the daily.

PVPing as a shadow is pretty fun. The Jedi Shadow is still a little squishy, but with a hybrid tanking spec, it mitigates that to some degree and still has decent DPS.

I'm noticing that the real healer classes are sometimes a real pain to kill. It often takes 2 of us to bring one down if they're self-healing and well geared. But I can also see the disadvantage of being a natural target, which makes me glad I'm not a healer, even though it means I'm kinda stuck with trying to just avoid damage (which translates to quick death for me, since I tend to stick to my targets until one of us dies). But the healers are super important, in any case. Often when one team is steamrolling the other, it's because they have 3-4 healers, and the weaker team just was 1. It makes all the difference.

But anyway, still having fun with it. With the recent patch this past week, it's a lot easier to get into the tier-1 PVP gear now, so that helps. I have a mix of T-1 and T-2 gear now.
« Last Edit: 2012-02-12, 20:54:28 by Sir Edward »
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Leganoth

• Forum Follower
« Reply #35 on: 2012-02-24, 19:17:08 »
Just got to tatooine on my main character >.> dont get to play much or when i do i get bored after a few hours lol

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #36 on: 2012-04-12, 18:30:45 »

Big mega-patch, version 1.2 today.

I'll be logging in a bit tonight to rework my gear and so on.
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #37 on: 2012-04-13, 21:41:15 »
Well, I was all excited because of the new warzone and mega-content, so I decided to download the patch and log in.  While it was downloading I read the patch notes, found out they completely broke my class and made pvp healing useless...  hmmm...
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #38 on: 2012-04-13, 22:42:28 »

Seriously? That's a bummer. My class hardly changed at all. The one thing I was pretty excited about though was being able to go back to my custom look, and move all the armorings into it from the PVP gear. I did that for 3 items (spending about 100k per piece of gear), but it broke the set bonuses. They promised us the set bonuses would carry over.

Sir Ed T. Toton III

Leganoth

• Forum Follower
« Reply #39 on: 2012-04-18, 07:14:55 »
Started playing for free this week cause the update, finally having fun playing cause i finally mad friends and a guild :D

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #40 on: 2012-04-18, 07:38:21 »
Honesty I thought the best parts of the game were the opening 3 movies.

Leganoth

• Forum Follower
« Reply #41 on: 2012-04-18, 08:43:59 »
Honesty I thought the best parts of the game were the opening 3 movies.
Lol those were pretty cool. Im assuming you didnt like the game itself?

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #42 on: 2012-04-18, 17:48:16 »
As compared to KOTR 1&2, ME1-3, and Jade Empire the game play seemed very repetitive and there was a crap ton of just walking around.

BUT the cinematic's told a great story with great fight scenes! (whose a badass? That old republic trooper thats who!)

HADUKEN!

« Last Edit: 2012-04-18, 17:50:23 by RauttSkegg »

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #43 on: 2012-06-24, 22:57:05 »

I haven't been playing lately, but most of my friends are taking advantage of the free server transfer, and have moved over to The Ebon Hawk. I think I'll go ahead and move my toon over as well, so I can still meet up with them in-game down the line.
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Leganoth

• Forum Follower
« Reply #44 on: 2012-06-25, 00:50:08 »
Servers are going great since the server merges. My server (nadds sarcophagus) got merged into The Bastion, our fleet went from 20 to over 400. We now have multiple instances of the fleet. Thats ALOT of people. planets now have 20+ people, when (before the merge) there was a max of about 5 per planet, IF YOUR LUCKY. Its going great though, alot of people playing.