"I fear not the man who has practiced ten thousand kicks once. But I fear the man who has practiced one kick ten thousand times."
                -- Bruce Lee

Author Topic: Order of Knights Errant  (Read 3787 times)

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
Order of Knights Errant
« on: 2011-10-12, 20:33:10 »
Found this posted on another forum. A modern order of Chivalry, it looks like:

Order of Knights Errant
http://knightserrant.org/

It looks new, though the domain registration date is now just a hair over a year old, though it was last updated a few weeks ago according to the whois data.
« Last Edit: 2011-10-12, 20:36:12 by Sir Edward »
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
Re: Order of Knights Errant
« Reply #1 on: 2011-10-12, 21:43:23 »
hmmmm

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2011-10-13, 15:54:39 »
Exactly what we are, knights-errant...well, let me go see what they're all about.  Ok, so I'm back.

Theirs is not a forum like ours...it seems to be an informational resource mostly, with a rudimentary FAQ, a mission statement, some other bits of info.  The Knight's blog was last updated back in July...so I'm guessing that, with the low visitor count (I was 6613) there's not a lot of traffic going there.  Only 4 blog entries, two last year, two this year, zero comments on any of them.  There's a way to contact them if you're so inclined...but appearances seem to suggest that this order's more or less defunct. 
« Last Edit: 2011-10-13, 16:33:44 by Sir William »
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #3 on: 2011-10-13, 18:23:35 »

Yeah, I think that tends to happen a lot. Someone starts up an idea for an Order or organization, but they don't know how to get the ball rolling or get people to join. So it languishes, and eventually disappears, probably around the time that the domain name is up for renewal.

I think part of the problem is that people tend to want to forge their own path rather than be a follower. Everyone has a slightly different idea of how to do these things, and to what degree, so it's hard to create something with a specific vision and get lots of other people to come in on the same page.

We probably lucked out in that regard here. We started out talking about swords and armor, and gradually built an Order with a flat organizational structure so that everyone is still free to follow their own path.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 2011-10-13, 18:28:15 »
I happen to like our little niche group...even moreso now that it seems others have had the same idea but for whatever reason, are unable to bring to fruition.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€