"We don't receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey (Quest?) that no one can take for us or spare us."
                -- Marcel Post (1871 - 1922)

Author Topic: Southern Cali  (Read 5914 times)

Leganoth

• Forum Follower
Southern Cali
« on: 2011-08-01, 19:57:57 »
Anything going on in southern California?

Sir Robert

• Sir Robert
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • A leasanna a chosaint agus
Re: Southern Cali
« Reply #1 on: 2011-10-06, 21:20:23 »
Not this time of year, but look for the Pleasure Faire in April and the Koningsburg Faire in late may (Riverside). I will be at both if the winds are willing. They are both excellent, but soory to say over at this time. As time grows near lets keep in touch as it would be very nice to meet. I am a North Easterner

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2011-10-06, 21:23:29 »
You've got Jeff Hedgecock's Tournament of the Phoenix coming up very shortly.  It's in Poway, CA, outside of San Diego.  Takes place on Oct 21-23.  Mr. Hedgecock goes to great lengths to ensure historical accuracy in this tournament as well, from the armor used, to the way the joust and melees are conducted.

http://historicenterprises.com/sundries-tournament-of-the-phoenix-2011-c-103_216.html
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Leganoth

• Forum Follower
« Reply #3 on: 2011-10-06, 22:31:19 »
Not this time of year, but look for the Pleasure Faire in April and the Koningsburg Faire in late may (Riverside). I will be at both if the winds are willing. They are both excellent, but soory to say over at this time. As time grows near lets keep in touch as it would be very nice to meet. I am a North Easterner

I am going to the pleasure faire this year but ive never heard of the other

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 2011-10-07, 20:05:54 »
Jeff Hedgecock does some fantastic work. I get emails about the goings-ons out there. I wish we had someone like him on the east coast.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 2011-10-07, 20:51:10 »
Jeff Hedgecock does some fantastic work. I get emails about the goings-ons out there. I wish we had someone like him on the east coast.

If you're referring to someone of his armoring capability, we have Jeff Wasson in NY.  He does exceptional custom work.

http://www.wassonartistry.com/
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 2011-10-08, 20:42:12 »

If you're referring to someone of his armoring capability, we have Jeff Wasson in NY.  He does exceptional custom work.

http://www.wassonartistry.com/

Ah, yes, I meant his events/tournament, sorry. Jeff Wasson does some very drool-worthy work, but I haven't seen him doing any events. I'm a good 4+ hours away from Jeff Wasson, so I'm not certain if he does any or not. I get emails on all the Historic Enterprises / Black Swan events since I've purchased items from them before.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing your completed armor from Wasson. I love that he provides in-progress pictures. Seems like very few people do.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent