"The elevator to success is out of order. You'll have to use the stairs... one step at a time."
                -- Joe Girard

Author Topic: late 13th early 14th century Teutonic Knight Kit.  (Read 12126 times)

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: late 13th early 14th century Teutonic Knight Kit.
« Reply #30 on: 2012-08-09, 15:13:15 »
LOL @ that videogame history lesson

I ain't mad at that.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • "Nobiscum Deus" "Libertas ad omnes civitates"
« Reply #31 on: 2012-08-10, 04:18:18 »
Well, if I had to learn history from a game, I'd go with the total war series.  :)

BTW you can often find the rule to military orders simply floating around the internet. Be warned though, you may need your BS filters up when looking for one.
"The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect." -Carl Von Clausewitz
"He is truly a fearless knight and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith just as his body is protected by armor of steel." -Saint Bernard of Clairvoux

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #32 on: 2012-08-10, 14:04:26 »
I have the Templar Rule here at my desk; but I like it better when you lay it down rather than me having to look it up.  ;)
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€