"It wasn't the reward that mattered or the recognition you might harvest. It was your depth of commitment, your quality of service, the product of your devotion -- these were the things that counted in a life. When you gave purely, the honor came in the giving, and that was honor enough."
                -- Scott O'Grady

Author Topic: lots 4 salr here  (Read 4065 times)

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
Re: lots 4 salr here
« Reply #1 on: 2011-08-25, 14:16:53 »
Wow, that's a lot of different stuff in one place. Stained glass, jewelry, weapons, furniture. Cool.

Down in the "collections" section he's selling off his personal collections. Del Tin swords, garb, and so on. Nice.
« Last Edit: 2011-08-25, 14:19:02 by Sir Edward »
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2011-08-26, 15:17:37 »
Bruce Brookhart...wasn't/isn't he one of the 'bladesmiths' for MRL?  I seem to remember seeing his name and picture in one of their catalogs as one of their masters.  Oh yea, in looking through some of his pics, some of them are definitely MRL/Windlass pieces.  It would seem he designed the Raptor...one of my most visually appealing fantasy swords.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #3 on: 2011-08-26, 15:21:54 »

I think you're thinking of Hank Reinhardt. I think he was the founder of MRL.
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 2011-08-26, 16:46:58 »
No, I am not...I am most familiar with Mr. Reinhardt.  I do believe Bruce Brookhart was one of MRL's designers...some of the swords on his site are exact replicas from the MRL catalog...or perhaps it is the other way around.  In any case...I do believe there was a write-up of him in one of the older catalogs.  I'm going to go home and find it.
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #5 on: 2011-08-26, 17:38:32 »

OK cool, my bad. :) Let me know what you find.
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 2011-08-26, 19:32:36 »
No worries, any mundane would make that mistake.  :)

Anyhow, if I find it, I'll try to get it scanned in so you can see.  I seem to remember an older gent, fairly long haired...anyway, if I find, I'll post.

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #7 on: 2011-08-27, 03:42:45 »
Bruce Brookhart...wasn't/isn't he one of the 'bladesmiths' for MRL?  I seem to remember seeing his name and picture in one of their catalogs as one of their masters.  Oh yea, in looking through some of his pics, some of them are definitely MRL/Windlass pieces.  It would seem he designed the Raptor...one of my most visually appealing fantasy swords.

Bruce and Hank both worked on something together a while back. Maybe even 10 years ago. I haven't heard the name for a long time, and Hank passed away about 5 years ago. I don't remember what they did exactly, possibly some articles in relation to MRL offerings, or a book, or video, or something. My memory is really fuzzy on the details but both names are familiar as medievalists.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir Matthew

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #8 on: 2011-08-28, 14:26:21 »
I like the two fencing doublets on the clothing page. At $45.00 I might have to think on them. I think a medium might fit me.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 2011-08-29, 13:48:47 »

Bruce and Hank both worked on something together a while back. Maybe even 10 years ago. I haven't heard the name for a long time, and Hank passed away about 5 years ago. I don't remember what they did exactly, possibly some articles in relation to MRL offerings, or a book, or video, or something. My memory is really fuzzy on the details but both names are familiar as medievalists.

Found it; MRL catalog #95, page 33 reads:

Bruce Brookhart
"As head of Development and Design, Bruce Brookhart's accurate edged weapons replicas and imaginative designs have appeared in our catalog for over 15 years.  Not only has Bruce visited and photographed many of the major arms collections, both in the USA and Europe, he has had the good fortune to work closely over the years with Mr. E. Oakeshott and Mr. H. Reinhardt."

They used to do another little blurb for Augusto Grassi, as an armor consultant (he's done some for Troy and HBO series Rome); and if you recall those pictures on the first page of a sword being used to shear through a butted mail shirt, that's Bruce as well.  Sans hair, so the inner pic must be an earlier one.  :)