"It wasn't the reward that mattered or the recognition you might harvest. It was your depth of commitment, your quality of service, the product of your devotion -- these were the things that counted in a life. When you gave purely, the honor came in the giving, and that was honor enough."
                -- Scott O'Grady

Author Topic: Sword and heater shield.  (Read 38333 times)

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
Re: Sword and heater shield.
« Reply #60 on: 2013-04-18, 16:20:19 »
oh gosh like that stupid political board. i keep asking for it to go away

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #61 on: 2013-04-18, 23:41:36 »

The political board is like viking horns. Doesn't exist. ;)
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir Vander Linde

• Forum Follower
  • Protokoll....
« Reply #62 on: 2013-04-18, 23:57:48 »

LOL ;D

If & only if I could find offence in your words, Sir. We would Duel, but alas I can't.  ;)

B. Patricius

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • just a brother knight
    • my pinterest - full of research
« Reply #63 on: 2013-04-19, 00:19:13 »
Sorry, if I offended anyone with the "SCA on the AA forums" bit.  That wasn't my intent.  I just meant to say that the SCAdians that are on that forum do seem to be the best of what the SCA has to offer in terms of historical accuracy.  Just looking through threads like "I wanna be a 12th cent. Scot" is a great example of that. 

They're trying to fix the "generi-celtings" as I like to call them  ;D and indeed I know plenty myself that call themselves "Pict/Scot/Briton" (which is fine), that wear kilts, not even great kilts mind you, with steel greeves, hockey goalie looking steel helmets, and spanish peascod breastplates not hidden, and a heater shield.  The only thing accurate on his kit is the blue woad paint, but then I doubt the designs he does it in are...

I just meant that of the SCA members on that forum, they seem to be the ones who care about archaeology and history, not "whatever suits their fancy" and are a good group.  I've been a member of those boards for a year now.  Indeed, it was those very boards and two members of it, that convinced me to try the SCA again after three years of being absent.  Before them, I was just doing medieval stuff on my own because I take pleasure in building things and creating things just for the sake of creating them as well.

Sorry again, didn't mean any offense to all those members of the AA that have nothing to do with the SCA.  Just the opposite.  I merely meant the SCAdians on there seem to be a historically orientated group (as a whole, I know there are some that aren't), which is probably because of the members on that board that aren't SCA.

*back to OT, any news on more information on that Codex? I'm very interested as I'm trying to figure out heater and kite with sword myself.
« Last Edit: 2013-04-19, 00:20:13 by B. Patricius »
"Be open with your thoughts, Be witty with your humor, Be kind with your words, Be sensible in your acts." - Lord Dane
Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
~Officium-Honestas-Sacrificium~
my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/murphy.patrick.j

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #64 on: 2013-04-19, 03:04:28 »

LOL ;D

If & only if I could find offence in your words, Sir. We would Duel, but alas I can't.  ;)

It's a long-running joke with Sir Wolf. The picture is missing in the thread, but he was wearing a plastic viking helmet, with horns - horns that light up. No, I'm not joking...

http://modernchivalry.org/forum/index.php/topic,973.msg9738.html

Sorry, if I offended anyone with the "SCA on the AA forums" bit

No offense taken, thought you were under the impression AA is an SCA only board
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir Vander Linde

• Forum Follower
  • Protokoll....
« Reply #65 on: 2013-04-19, 12:02:50 »

It's a long-running joke with Sir Wolf. The picture is missing in the thread, but he was wearing a plastic viking helmet, with horns - horns that light up. No, I'm not joking...

Oh  ;)  Sir Wolf you are not alone, at least when I wore one I made sure there were no cameras (I think) ;D Yeah, LOL, sorry if my post was confusing, was running off to 2 hours of sleep and one meal in a 36H time frame.