Main > The Round Table

Knight of the week

<< < (37/77) > >>

Sir William:
Yes...that is a point that could be argued either way ad infinitum.  lol

Sir John of Felsenbau:
This week's Knight of the week: Prince Valiant" - In the Kingdom of Thule, somewhere on the Norwegian coast fell to the forces of King Willam. The captives, including Prince Valiant, and taken to a far off land. Each night, Prince Valiant had the same dream, about the past battle of Thule, a falcon, a kingdom, and excalibur. Valient is convinced he must escape and find Camelot. In his quest, Cedric, a blacksmith, forges him a sword, "Flamberge" (sister of the sword excalibur) for saving his daughter's life. The sword sings when it is used in battle. On the way to Camelot, he fights a giant crocodile. Finally he arrives at Camelot. Merlin takes a great interest in him and convinces King Arthur to train him for knighthood. He is squire to Sir Gawain.

By the end of the year, Valiant has proven himself enough and goes back to Thule and with the help of the local peasants, recaptures Thule and his father once again becomes king. Valiant decides to go back to Camelot until it is his turn to rule Thule. On his return, he is knighted by King Arthur and becomes a knight of the round table. He fights with King Arthur against King Lot and others who refuse to acknowledge Arthur of King of Britain. Later Valiant meets a princess (of the misty isles) and they fall in love. After Arthur's battle and defeat of Mordred, Valient and Princess Aleta are wed. Valiant continues his adventures with his son, Nathan.

(I searched the internet but could not find an end to this story...anyone know how it ends?)

(The historical and mythological elements of Prince Valiant were initially chaotic, but soon Foster attempted to bring the facts into order. Some elements of the story place it in the Fifth century,)

Joshua Santana:
LOL!  Prince Valiant!  I used to read those comics in the newspapers when I was young and now I know the full (or good majority) of his story!   :D

SirNathanQ:
Still read them. Got to see what medieval-themed silliness is up for this week  ;)

Sir William:
I'd forgotten about the singing sword...there's a Biblical reference for you, there always is one.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version