"Chivalry is itself the poetry of life."
      -- Schlegel, Philosophy of History

Author Topic: MN Children's Museum / Lego Castle Adventure fun  (Read 4223 times)

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
MN Children's Museum / Lego Castle Adventure fun
« on: 2011-07-19, 14:04:49 »
We took a trip to the Minnesota Children's Museum yesterday to see the Lego Castle Adventure traveling exhibit.  I highly recommend visiting this exhibit if it stops in your area and you have children (even if you don't!).  Educational and fun, they cover the very basics of castle development as well as the proper terms for the various components.  Of course, the kids can build castles using the awesome Lego pieces in the exhibit.  They can also build a virtual castle wall using different properties from a menu then "fire" a catapult at it to see if they've made the correct building decisions.  I was very impressed by the scale models of existing castles (Neuschwanstein, etc.) and the two full scale armours on display.  I don't know who had more fun, the kids or I! :)
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
Re: MN Children's Museum / Lego Castle Adventure fun
« Reply #1 on: 2011-07-19, 14:30:03 »

Very cool! I'll have to see if it comes around here.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #2 on: 2011-07-19, 16:20:33 »
sir edward, dont you have buckets and buckets of unused legos? seems a cool project! could even find a childrens hospitol to donate them too hehehe

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #3 on: 2011-07-19, 20:03:47 »

I have a lot, but not enough to make a full-size knight.

Still deciding what to do with them. Donate, sell, whatever. I could probably get several thousand for the collection if I ebay it.
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 2011-07-21, 17:29:10 »
In that case, the choice is easy- eBay it, then make a nice donation to a children's charity of your choice.  Everyone's a winner then.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #5 on: 2011-07-21, 20:23:42 »

Yeah, I just really need to decide how much effort I want to put into it. Generally when selling LEGO, you can get a lot more money by dividing up the parts into types and selling in small lots. It takes a special kind of enthusiast to drop $2k, $5k, or whatever on a LEGO lot all at once.

So for now, it's all packed away behind a lot of other stuff, and I'd have to dig to get to it. :)
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 2011-07-21, 21:02:59 »
Start digging, Sir!  As for that special kind of enthusiast, there are those who view us in much the same manner.  More power to them, I say.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€