"When a virtuous man is raised, it brings gladness to his friends, grief to his enemies, and glory to his posterity."
                -- Ben Jonson

Author Topic: My newly tailored maille  (Read 7981 times)

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • "Nobiscum Deus" "Libertas ad omnes civitates"
Re: My newly tailored maille
« Reply #15 on: 2011-08-18, 17:34:06 »
Thank you, good Sir!  :)
"The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect." -Carl Von Clausewitz
"He is truly a fearless knight and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith just as his body is protected by armor of steel." -Saint Bernard of Clairvoux

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #16 on: 2011-08-22, 19:33:00 »
And I say instead of tiking the sleeves off entirely, remove them at about half the forearm. Wear a vambrace underneath, and you have a nice early-mid 14th century look going (in period the style I described had the remaining sleeve quite loose, almost wing-like)

Ooh, that! Or take them off at mid-bicep, and do the 15th cent Italian where they wore mostly plate but still wore a mail shirt and had the sleeves worn over the upper cannon. Buy armor. BUY ARMOR! ;)
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • "Nobiscum Deus" "Libertas ad omnes civitates"
« Reply #17 on: 2011-08-23, 02:46:36 »
Now that's the spirit Sir James!  ;D

BUY ARMOUR! YOU MUST!!!!!
"The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect." -Carl Von Clausewitz
"He is truly a fearless knight and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith just as his body is protected by armor of steel." -Saint Bernard of Clairvoux

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #18 on: 2011-08-23, 14:32:55 »
Too many ideas floating in my head and not enough cash to go around!
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€