"He that respects himself is safe from others; he wears a coat of mail that none can pierce."
                -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Author Topic: My coat of arms  (Read 45926 times)

Sir John of Felsenbau

• Sir John of Felsenbau (Ritter Johann von Felsenbau)
  • Forum Follower
Re: My coat of arms
« Reply #75 on: 2013-02-12, 22:14:47 »
Sir James,

Thank you for understanding...I didn't want to offend anyone.

By the way...do you know which 2 knights will be my sponsors and who will do the knighting, and who could take pictures with my cameras?

Thanks.

Sir John
-The Purple Knight-
Mea Motto:  "Perseverantis Vincit Omnia"
Mea Philosophia:
      "Excessus in Moderstia"
      "Crescit Senex est Manditory, Excrescendi est Voluntarium"

Sir Gerard de Rodes

• "Chivalry our Strength, Brotherhood our sword"
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Robor meum Deus
    • The Freemen Of Gwent
« Reply #76 on: 2013-02-16, 00:22:57 »
I am more than happy with the original certificate, but as long as Sir Johns version contains the required and essential wording I don`t suppose it matters on the artistic content.
G.
"War is at first like a beautiful girl with whom all men long to play,but in the end like a repulsive hag whose suitors all weep and ache" Samuel Hanagid (993-1056)

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #77 on: 2013-02-16, 04:07:38 »
By the way...do you know which 2 knights will be my sponsors and who will do the knighting, and who could take pictures with my cameras?

Sir Brian, Sir Nathan, and myself are your sponsors. One of the squires of the Order, Chris, will likely be along and can work the camera.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir John of Felsenbau

• Forum Follower
« Reply #78 on: 2013-02-16, 14:48:48 »
Sir James,

I'm a bit confused. I thought only 5 members were coming: you, Edward, Gerard, Nathan and William. Does this mean 6 will be coming? I am only set up for 5 of you. Who is Chris?

So the three you mentioned...two will be at my side and the other will conduct the Knighting? Can't one of the others take the pictures. The knighting room is very small. Plus I will have to re do the Banquet room. That might be a problem...the last 2 weeks I've been sick with a virus...plus I threw out my back...am recovering. So my time for setting things us has shortened.

Let me know what you think and if we can keep the visitors to just 5. Thanks.

Sir John
-The Purple Knight-
Mea Philosophia:
      "Excessus in Moderstia"

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #79 on: 2013-02-16, 16:23:28 »
Sir John, I think you may be mistaken with Sir Gerard, he lives in England and will more than likely not be attending.
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Sir John of Felsenbau

• Forum Follower
« Reply #80 on: 2013-02-16, 18:00:10 »
Sir Ian,

I'm sorry, got the names mixed up...I was told that only 5 from the group would be coming: Sir James, Sir Brian, Sir Nathan, Sir Edward and Sir William. I don't really have  room for any more. I was hoping one of the two knights who were not my sponsors would take the pictures.

Sir John
-The Purple Knight-
Mea Philosophia:
      "Excessus in Moderstia"

Sir Gerard de Rodes

• "Chivalry our Strength, Brotherhood our sword"
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Robor meum Deus
    • The Freemen Of Gwent
« Reply #81 on: 2013-02-16, 18:59:32 »
Sir John, I think you may be mistaken with Sir Gerard, he lives in England and will more than likely not be attending.

Quite right, It`s a bit far to travel for a day trip  ;) Although I would have liked nothing more than to be there.
G.
"War is at first like a beautiful girl with whom all men long to play,but in the end like a repulsive hag whose suitors all weep and ache" Samuel Hanagid (993-1056)

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #82 on: 2013-02-18, 05:33:54 »
Sir James,

I'm a bit confused. I thought only 5 members were coming: you, Edward, Gerard, Nathan and William. Does this mean 6 will be coming? I am only set up for 5 of you. Who is Chris?

So the three you mentioned...two will be at my side and the other will conduct the Knighting? Can't one of the others take the pictures. The knighting room is very small. Plus I will have to re do the Banquet room. That might be a problem...the last 2 weeks I've been sick with a virus...plus I threw out my back...am recovering. So my time for setting things us has shortened.

Let me know what you think and if we can keep the visitors to just 5. Thanks.

Sir John

We will be in the area for another event, and Chris will likely be along with me. It's still a while away, and I've been sidetracked well enough that I've lost count of who is coming to what and where for the weekend. All of us know how to work a camera, so that's no big deal. If 5 is the limit, we'll figure something out, based on who's going where when and what the overlap with the event there in PA will be too.

Sir John of Felsenbau

• Forum Follower
« Reply #83 on: 2013-02-23, 14:26:35 »
Sir James,

Thanks for the update. Sorry I didn't answer sooner, but I've had a virus for 2 weeks which now has turned into a sinus infection. So I'll probably be resting again this week.

Sir Kohn
-The Purple Knight-
Mea Philosophia:
      "Excessus in Moderstia"

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #84 on: 2013-02-24, 20:09:25 »
Sir James,

Thanks for the update. Sorry I didn't answer sooner, but I've had a virus for 2 weeks which now has turned into a sinus infection. So I'll probably be resting again this week.

Sir Kohn

Sir John,

You're welcome. You are correct, our original plan was making a trip for your knighting. When the event nearby you came up, we heard about it in December, and it seemed a perfect opportunity. Chris was not in the original list of attendees, before we knew about the event, but wants to go to the event with us.

Even if there is not enough space in the knighting room, if there is somewhere else he can wait during the ceremony that would be perfectly fine. He (and probably Sir Nathan) are carpooling with me, so we'll be coming as a group. We don't want to overburden you.

Rest up, and hope you feel better soon.

Sir John of Felsenbau

• Forum Follower
« Reply #85 on: 2013-02-24, 21:26:40 »
Sir James,

Thanks for the information. Does that mean that there will be six visiting and not 5? Also, does one of the three sponsors do the knighting? Or does Sir Edward do that? So it sounds like you will all be coming at the same time?

Sir John
-The Purple Knight-
Mea Philosophia:
      "Excessus in Moderstia"

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #86 on: 2013-02-24, 21:49:57 »
Sir James,

Thanks for the information. Does that mean that there will be six visiting and not 5? Also, does one of the three sponsors do the knighting? Or does Sir Edward do that? So it sounds like you will all be coming at the same time?

Sir John

Sir John,

Currently the attendance list is at 6 due to the nearby event as well. That is subject to change if anyone has any conflicts come up closer to the date, but the number will not be increasing.

I believe that Sir Edward will do the knighting. So far, Sir Edward has done all of the other member knightings and has a Knight Commander medallion as well.

We should all be arriving at or near the same time.

Sir John of Felsenbau

• Forum Follower
« Reply #87 on: 2013-02-24, 21:53:34 »
Sir James,

Can you tell me then who will be the two knights that will be at my side during the knighting?

Thanks.

Sir John
-The Purple Knight-
Mea Philosophia:
      "Excessus in Moderstia"

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #88 on: 2013-02-25, 01:55:49 »
Sir James,

Can you tell me then who will be the two knights that will be at my side during the knighting?

Thanks.

Sir John

That's completely up to you, I believe. Thus far, if memory serves me correctly, tradition has been that two sponsors are the ones to stand at your side and affix the spurs. Sir Nathan, Sir Brian, and I have sponsored you.

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #89 on: 2013-02-25, 14:22:16 »

Which date are we planning for again? I need to add it to my calendar before things get to complicated. :)
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )