"Do not be tricked into thinking that there are no crocodiles just because the water is still."
                -- Malaysian Proverb

Author Topic: Allright I am looking to buy some plate.  (Read 4196 times)

Sir Ulrich

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
Allright I am looking to buy some plate.
« on: 2011-06-07, 01:31:04 »
Like Sir Joshua I want to get my plate armor at Mercenaries Tailor

I want to get these but i'm not sure how I can get them custom fit for me
http://www.merctailor.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=48
Also want a set of these:
http://www.merctailor.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=95
Does anyone know how I can order them custom fit for me? I'm not sure how to and would like a little bit of help to do so. The price seems almost like a steal because most plate I've seen runs for around 150 bucks for the same thing thats not even custom fitted.

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
Re: Allright I am looking to buy some plate.
« Reply #1 on: 2011-06-07, 02:30:35 »

I think Allan has some contact info somewhere on the website. It might be worth asking him how flexible he is in the sizing. Most of the armor is pretty standardized in size, so you might need it sized down a little. I have extra room in mine, but I fill most of it with mail and/or arming clothes. :)
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #2 on: 2011-06-07, 13:24:23 »
ya just contact him. he will make it to size i am sure. smaller prob being easier than larger since its less material etc.

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 2011-06-07, 23:25:28 »
Allan often has trouble with PMs and sometimes emails getting lost, both here and on other forums. My advice would be to call him during normal weekday business hours.

He'll ask for measurements before he builds the armor. It's not off the shelf, so it should be sized to your measurements, as best as is possible considering it's just measurements over the internet, unless you're physically there for some test fitting during the forging.

Allan seems to be very "down in the dumps" on his armoring lately. In addition to asking questions and/or ordering, it would be nice if you could tell him how great his prices are, how nice his armor looks, or any other compliments you can give him. I am sure he would appreciate it.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #4 on: 2011-06-08, 23:34:35 »
well what did he say?

Sir Ulrich

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #5 on: 2011-06-11, 20:58:24 »
I am gonna order my padded chausses first and then take my measurements over them, cause I don't want armor bites. After that i'm gonna make an email  about getting these plate greaves.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 2011-06-13, 20:45:30 »
Allan's wares are definitely not off the rack; when he made my bracers, greaves and gorget he needed all of the usual tailor measurements over the arming clothes you'd wear underneath.  His prices basically can't be beat, not for the quality...Allan pads the plate parts like bracers and greaves with cotton batting covered by a spilok type of leather, which I find most agreeable.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€