"You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down."
                -- Mary Pickford

Author Topic: Banner of the Black Knight  (Read 8216 times)

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Banner of the Black Knight
« Reply #15 on: 2012-07-11, 20:58:26 »
Thank you, Lord Dane...if that were so then my banner is appropriately placed as I would be besieging them.  lol

Well..if you happen to have a siege crew & Trebuchet available, let's test it out for distance. I'll lay down close support with a Ballista & we'll do some Crusader-like manuevers.  It would be more impressive than the heavy tank armor driving through the doorway & through the walls used in 1993 by the Feds.  That certainly went well for them.  ::) Light the greek-fire!!!!

I have a buddy on another site who actually built a working trebuchet- on a smaller scale but it was enough to hurl ordinance (I forget what they used) some 100 metres or so.

Thank you, Red Knight!

In case anyone is interested, she charged me $90 for it, it is 100% silk.   If you are interested, you can email her and talk banners:  silkbanners@gmail.com

Tell her Paladin74 on AA sent you - I don't get anything for it, but you could then mention that I made note of her on this site, maybe we can get a group rate going or something?  Wouldn't hurt to ask.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #16 on: 2012-10-25, 20:45:02 »
In case anyone is interested, she charged me $90 for it, it is 100% silk.   If you are interested, you can email her and talk banners:  silkbanners@gmail.com

How long does she usually take to respond? I tried contacting her over the weekend, so it's been most of the week now, and no response.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 2012-10-25, 20:51:20 »
Send her a PM on AA and reference the email (and address) you sent the original request from so she knows its you.  If I recall correctly, I pm'd her initially, then sent her an email.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Gerard de Rodes

• "Chivalry our Strength, Brotherhood our sword"
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Robor meum Deus
    • The Freemen Of Gwent
« Reply #18 on: 2012-10-25, 21:07:10 »
For nice authentic items try http://www.knightware.org.uk/
G.
"War is at first like a beautiful girl with whom all men long to play,but in the end like a repulsive hag whose suitors all weep and ache" Samuel Hanagid (993-1056)

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #19 on: 2012-10-26, 00:43:09 »
Send her a PM on AA and reference the email (and address) you sent the original request from so she knows its you.  If I recall correctly, I pm'd her initially, then sent her an email.

I think I did the same. I traded emails with her 3 or 4 times over the course of one day; she was very quick at responding.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #20 on: 2012-10-26, 02:22:37 »

I think I did the same. I traded emails with her 3 or 4 times over the course of one day; she was very quick at responding.

same
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum