"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment."
                -- Marcus Aurelius (121 - 180)

Author Topic: icefalcon prices to rise  (Read 8747 times)

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
icefalcon prices to rise
« on: 2011-04-20, 23:24:39 »
http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=133009

hurry up on your SS mail pieces. teh prices are going up soon

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: icefalcon prices to rise
« Reply #1 on: 2011-04-21, 16:06:41 »
Again? Or is this the increase he talked about in Dec last year?
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2011-04-22, 16:42:06 »
How long do we have?  I guess the time is NOW to move on maille if its what one is needing....but was wondering when does that sale actually run out?
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Ulrich

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #3 on: 2011-04-24, 23:28:17 »
Heh I am extremely annoyed because my maille was supposed to arrive in january and it hasnt arrived at all. I did email the guy he said it was on the way but I have had no updates on it. I want my maille in time for the medieval faire, so i'm actually considering to hell with it and buying the stuff from kult of athena. Anyone got suggestions on what to do?

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #4 on: 2011-04-24, 23:42:44 »
He took something like a year to get me the mail standard I ordered. I ended up getting another from someone else (Historic Enterprises maybe? I forget), since I had forgotten I had ordered one already. I still haven't rigged up either one for use yet.

But the chausses I ordered from him came right away. I think it varies depending on whether it's in stock, and his out of stock stuff can take a really long time since it's coming from overseas manufacturing.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir Ulrich

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #5 on: 2011-04-25, 00:19:49 »
Yeah thats a pain, I kinda need it by May or June so I can go to a faire in armor for the first time. I am tired of wearing nothing but a gambeson, gets tiresome. The one on KOA would be too big and I'd have to slim it down cause I don't want the extra weight and whatnot. Of course I got plenty of time to do that just not a stand to do it on or the skills needed for tailoring....

Sir Wolf

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #6 on: 2011-04-25, 00:38:59 »
no this is a new price increase due to the giant rise in steel prices.

ya i only buy stuff instock cause like everything else it comes from some 3rd world country and shipping/customs takes forever.

Sir Ulrich

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #7 on: 2011-04-25, 00:52:35 »
I wish I knew about this beforehand, I did email him and he said it was on the water. It could arrive at any time but I'm extremely anxious about this.

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 2011-04-25, 20:40:10 »
I have had a range of time from IceFalcon. I ordered a set of rivited mail pliers that arrived within a week. The 9mm stainless rivited rings I ordered took somewhere around 3 or 4 months, though he told me it was back-ordered BEFORE I ordered. The arming cote I bought was here in days, and even when I exchanged sizes, it was back to him and another one out to me in less than 2 weeks.

In one message he said he would try to "get it on the water", which was 2 months or so after I ordered. I'm not sure if he's full/part/reserve military and is sometimes deployed? I've had multiple orders from him and never failed to receive anything. I don't know if you'd receive it in time for faire, but I think you'll receive it - and if not, worst case, he always insures his shipments.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir Wolf

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #9 on: 2011-04-25, 21:47:28 »
ya he was deployed at one point a few years ago. he had his barony helping run his shop while he was away.

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
« Reply #10 on: 2011-04-26, 16:24:55 »
He took something like a year to get me the mail standard I ordered. I ended up getting another from someone else (Historic Enterprises maybe? I forget), since I had forgotten I had ordered one already. I still haven't rigged up either one for use yet.

But the chausses I ordered from him came right away. I think it varies depending on whether it's in stock, and his out of stock stuff can take a really long time since it's coming from overseas manufacturing.

Sir Edward, is the mail standard that you haven't rigged up yet made with mild riveted rings?  If so, would you be interested in parting with it?  Replacing my butted mail is the next big project.  Chucking my butted standard for a riveted one would be a good first step.
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #11 on: 2011-04-26, 18:35:14 »
Sir Edward, is the mail standard that you haven't rigged up yet made with mild riveted rings?  If so, would you be interested in parting with it?  Replacing my butted mail is the next big project.  Chucking my butted standard for a riveted one would be a good first step.

I'll have to check. I forget whether it was mild or stainless. I'm thinking it might have been mild. I hope he printed that on the sticker (I haven't even unwrapped it). But yes, I'd be willing to part with it, since I have two. :)
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #12 on: 2011-04-27, 14:22:16 »
So is a mail standard like a mantle, the mail equivalent to a plate gorget?
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #13 on: 2011-04-27, 14:26:11 »

Yep, it's more like gorget than a mantle. It just covers the neck, by standing up on it.
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
« Reply #14 on: 2011-04-27, 15:18:29 »
Here's a great photograph of Bill Grandy's riveted mail standard.

There's some good information, photographs and links in this myArmoury post as well.
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber