"I fear not the man who has practiced ten thousand kicks once. But I fear the man who has practiced one kick ten thousand times."
                -- Bruce Lee

Author Topic: Holy Warriors: The Religious Ideology of Chivalry  (Read 5507 times)

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
Holy Warriors: The Religious Ideology of Chivalry
« on: 2011-04-12, 19:56:49 »
This looks interesting. Does anyone have it?

Holy Warriors: The Religious Ideology of Chivalry
http://amzn.com/0812241673

# ISBN-10: 0812241673
# ISBN-13: 978-0812241679

« Last Edit: 2011-04-12, 19:56:56 by Sir Edward »
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Holy Warriors: The Religious Ideology of Chivalry
« Reply #1 on: 2011-04-12, 20:39:03 »
First I've heard of it...looks a bit dry for my current tastes...one of those ones I'll have to get to later on.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
« Reply #2 on: 2011-04-13, 03:48:02 »
I do not have this title, but it appears very interesting.   I'd like to hear more about it. 
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber

Joshua Santana

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Honorare scutum meum, veritas mea gladio
« Reply #3 on: 2011-04-13, 10:58:00 »
I recall the author of this book interviewed with Scott Ferrall on Chivalry Today. I haven't read it but I hope to find a copy of the book in the near future!
Knight of The Lion Blade

Honora gladium meum, veritas mea, et Spirítui Sancto.  כדי לכבד המגן שלי, האמת שלי חרבי

Honor My Sword, Truth My Shield.

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
« Reply #4 on: 2011-04-13, 13:03:09 »
$35 USD used through Amazon!  I like to make my Amazon book purchases linked through myArmoury's bookstore because they earn a little stipend on every purchase.  I'm already two books behind in my reading and I have yet to write reviews for the last two. :-[
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #5 on: 2011-04-13, 13:04:53 »
I recall the author of this book interviewed with Scott Ferrall on Chivalry Today. I haven't read it but I hope to find a copy of the book in the near future!

Yep, that's what made me think of it. He's actually authored several books that are of interest to our community. I read part of "Chivalry and Violence in Medieval Europe", and it was pretty interesting. I should finish that book one of these days. That's my problem, I start books and then get distracted and don't return.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 2011-04-13, 13:26:15 »
I wish I had that problem...there has been a time or two where I wished I'd learned to put a book down BEFORE I finished it.  Like this book that a colleague of mine had written.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #7 on: 2011-04-13, 15:35:19 »
I start books, and then my wife's car needs new brake pads and rotors, and the bathroom shower stops working, and my car stops going into reverse ..... and when I get back to it 3 months later, I've forgotten over half of what I read, and I think someone moved my bookmark just for jollies, and I don't remember the few pages before, yet I know that's not the case.

I haven't read that one, but I have one that is somewhat similar in subject - The Templar Revelation: Secret Guardians of the True Identity of Christ, by Lynn Picknett (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0684848910?ie=UTF8&tag=jbco0b-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0684848910)
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #8 on: 2011-04-13, 19:05:47 »
kewl. i'll hve to wait. i'm so far behind on teh book circuit hehehe. i just finished "Splinter of the Minds Eye" and now reading "HellBoy Oddest Jobs"