"When a virtuous man is raised, it brings gladness to his friends, grief to his enemies, and glory to his posterity."
                -- Ben Jonson

Author Topic: Marching Through Time (MTT) April 16-17, 2011  (Read 20829 times)

James Barker

• Forum Member
    • Historic Life
Re: Marching Through Time (MTT) April 16-17, 2011
« Reply #30 on: 2011-04-29, 12:38:30 »
Great pictures. The Romans are Legio XX, the Vikings are part of a small group that used to be part of Markland, the 14th century camp is La Belle Campaign, we are Lord Grey's Retinue and the 15th century group next to us is Squires Camp, and the Landsknechts are 3 smaller groups but the main body is Das TeufelsAlpdrücken Fähnlein (The Devils' Nightmare Regiment) which also works at the MD faire.

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
« Reply #31 on: 2011-04-29, 13:27:26 »
I absolutely love Will MacLean's kit.  8)

Awestruck, I think is the best way to describe my reaction when I received 1381: The Peel Affinity for a Christmas gift.  "William Cressy" arming for battle and William vs. Guichard d'Ales in a Deed of Arms are two of my favorite sections.

I hope that someday my kit will be as cool, and accurate, as his.  His blog is well worth a read.

(Will is on the left)
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #32 on: 2011-04-29, 14:59:50 »
I was just about to ask which one was Will, glad you pointed him out.  His kit IS awesome.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.”

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #33 on: 2011-04-29, 19:26:01 »
I absolutely love Will MacLean's kit.  8)

Awestruck, I think is the best way to describe my reaction when I received 1381: The Peel Affinity for a Christmas gift.  "William Cressy" arming for battle and William vs. Guichard d'Ales in a Deed of Arms are two of my favorite sections.

I hope that someday my kit will be as cool, and accurate, as his.  His blog is well worth a read.

(Will is on the left)

if you look real closely in the Peel book you will see our good Sir James in one or 2 of the pictures

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
« Reply #34 on: 2011-04-29, 21:33:54 »
That is very cool.   8)  I still pick up that book at least once a week.  Do you mean "Sir James" or "James Barker"?  I will look tonight!
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #35 on: 2011-04-30, 00:29:23 »
That is very cool.   8)  I still pick up that book at least once a week.  Do you mean "Sir James" or "James Barker"?  I will look tonight!

sorry, james barker hehehe his wife kim is in there too

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #36 on: 2011-04-30, 01:12:57 »

Yep, we have three different people here named James now, last I counted. :)
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )