"When a virtuous man is raised, it brings gladness to his friends, grief to his enemies, and glory to his posterity."
                -- Ben Jonson

Author Topic: NJ Ren Faire  (Read 24744 times)

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
Re: NJ Ren Faire
« Reply #45 on: 2011-06-13, 00:58:37 »
huzzah! looks like good fun indeed.

Sir Matthew

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #46 on: 2011-06-13, 10:11:26 »
It was a very nice faire and I had a great time. Saw alot of people I know from PaRF, current and past actors. My kit was a huge success and thanks to the kindess of Sir Ulrich and his father I was able to look at some pics of myself and see that the bow and quiver went well with my armor. Even if I can't shoot for a damn I still look the part of an early 16th C English archer.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #47 on: 2011-06-15, 15:35:10 »
Looks like it was a beautiful time had by all...I would've liked to have gone.  I should've looked to see if anything was going on in Cali but I was having such a great time with my nieces that I feel like everyone ELSE missed out! 

I'd like to check it out next season though as I've never been and would prefer any faire that allows you to carry your weapons.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #48 on: 2011-06-15, 15:49:54 »

Well, both of the PA faires have their seasons in the latter half of the year, and they allow weapons. There's PARF, and also Pittsburg.

The Pitt faire is a bit of a haul from the DC area, but it's a charming little faire. It's not huge, but has a nice look and feel, and their jousting show has a lot of showmanship.

I like PARF. I just wish they didn't have so much pavement on the site. But then again, it probably makes it more handicap-friendly. The entrance fees are a little higher than I'm used to as well.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #49 on: 2011-06-15, 16:19:02 »
My sister said that PARF would be one I'd like to visit...she hasn't been to the Pitt one and yes, it is a bit of a haul to get up there from our area.

When's PARF start?  I'd almost prefer to go to that one instead of MD...although I'll go to MD at least once this year...more if you lot are going to be present.
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #50 on: 2011-06-15, 16:40:00 »

I think PARF's season is usually the same as MDRF's, but starting a week sooner (in August). I only get up there once every couple of years or so. MDRF on the other hand, I do the season-pass thing.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #51 on: 2011-06-15, 17:43:28 »
Matthew once said to me, when we first met that the MDRF seemed too much like 'dressing up in costume' because w/out a sword, that's essentially what it was.  Now that I AM a Knight, however...I'm always armed, even when my hands are empty!

So I guess it won't be as bad...

Sir Matthew

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #52 on: 2011-06-16, 03:54:26 »
PaRF starts like the second week of Aug. I'll have to check my dates for sure. Anyone here who wants to come up, PM me the dates and I'll try to arrange some discount tickets.

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #53 on: 2011-06-16, 04:01:52 »
woo hoo. always good to have discount tickets!

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #54 on: 2011-06-16, 14:36:55 »
Yea, and always good to have friends to meet up with too!

Sir Ulrich

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #55 on: 2011-06-19, 00:11:09 »
I enjoyed myself there, actually got to talk to tons of people with little problem. I am gonna go to the PA one I just gotta figure out when, maybe I can go with you guys. Maybe I'll even have a more complete kit when I go.