Main > The Armoury

Armour Stand

(1/10) > >>

Sir Rodney:
Here are the promised photographs of my armour stand.  As you can see, I’ve used black iron pipe fittings on the lower portion, PVC pipe fittings on the upper portion and a simple plywood base with feet.
The arms are simply held by rope and help the armour hang properly as well as making the attachment of gauntlets easier.
The PVC couplings at the knees are not glued.  This allows for the torso to be removed from the legs so the pants/hose can be put on.
The lower legs have a couple 90 degree bends which allow the shoe/sabaton heels to sit back and appear in-line with the rest of the leg.  I had to move the mountings to the base back a few inches after this modification as the center of gravity changed and the whole thing wanted to tip forward. :o

Sir Matthew:
That looks interesting. I'd like to see it when you have armor on it for comparison.

Sir Rodney:
Check out my Knight Page at the bottom.  You can see how the arms help give some definition.  The parts can be had at any big box home store or your local hardware store.

Sir Wolf:
hey cool idea!

Sir Patrick:
Very cool!  Now I am compelled to make one (and to get more armour to hang off it, of course) :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version