Main > The Library

Black Death, the 2010 Film

<< < (3/6) > >>

Sir Patrick:
It wasn't so much loose ends that bugged me, I just never figured out what the point of the movie was.  in the beginning, I thought it was typical Hollywood cracking on the hypocrasy and superstions of the medieval church, but then the villagers turned out to be truely evil, so I'm thinking "Ok, Ulrich may be a zealot, but he's the good guy".  However, then Osmond turns crazy witch hunter/woman torturer in the end and I'm just left going, "Huh?" ???

Sir William:
I don't think there was a message to the movie...at least I didn't take away anything like that after having seen it.  Other than that particular period of human history may have been a good deal darker, more dangerous than the tales would have us believe...I definitely got that.

Sir Patrick:
Yeah, I think the Renfaire is about as close to the real thing as I'd like to get ;)

Sir William:
I honestly would like to try it one good time but as far as living like that regularly?  I'm too modern...I like running water and electricity (for my video games at least lol)...and would not relish sleeping on a dirt or stone floor with any number of unwashed bodies to share it w/me...listening to nocturnal sounds, farts in the general direction, stealthy urination onto the rushes, furtive (and not-so-furtive) coupling and the like.  Or sharing it w/the livestock.

But I'd be just fine on a horse on a beautiful day!

Sir Wolf:
i smell bull@#$. hehehe i'm not that far into it but one guy said something about Crecy being the first time they used long bows. hahaha

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version