Main > The Armoury

Kite Shields

(1/2) > >>

Sir Ulrich:
Been considering getting one for quite a while, anyone know the quality of these:
http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=AH6756&name=Wooden+Kite+Shield
I been eyeing it for a while but I'm not sure if it would hold up in combat.

Sir Rodney:
I would email KOA and ask how thick the shield is.  My guess is 1/2 inch.  If so, it would be fine for SCA combat if you add some protection to the edge (rawhide, heater hose, etc.).  Otherwise the edge would get chewed up pretty quickly.

Thorsteinn:
What is your size? In that, what is your shoulder width, how tall are you, what is the distance from the bottom of your knee's to your eyes?

Sir Brian:
Also beware the strapping. Some of their shields have straps that are only attached via wood screws and would not hold up
to vigorous combat of any sort for very long.

Sir Ulrich:
I am 5 ft 8 1/2 and the length of my eyes to my knees is 46 inches and my shoulder width is 17 inches.

I assumed it was shoddy somewhat, I just don't know where to find good quality shields. My MRL shield is good quality but I don't want to mess it up for combat cause I payed a fortune for it so I assumed these ones would be cheap enough to do that with. Thats why I prefer using cheap stuff for combat, easy to replace and doesn't make me waste money.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version