Main > The Armoury

Wisby inspired gauntlets completed

<< < (2/2)

Sir Edward:

Nice, good job!

Sir Rodney:
Thank you all for the kind words.

--- Quote from: Sir Ulrich on 2011-03-05, 22:40:23 ---Nice, how hard were they to make?

--- End quote ---

They weren't too hard to make.  My dishing skills still need vast improvement though.  The hardest part for me is the back-of-hand as it's really a complex piece of machinery if you think about  it.  My total cost in parts was about $35 to $50, but it's difficult to be exact as much of it was laying about the shop.

Time was the major "cost".  There's a reason that SCA legal gauntlets of this type run $500 to $800 a pair and that reason is shop-hours.  I am amazed that Allan of Merc Tailor has two (non-SCA) Wisby options priced at $300 and $400!  That's really quite a bargain if you consider the time involved in manufacture as well as the time involved in development.

Sir James A:
That gives a good illusion of individual fingers. Great job!

Sir William:
That is awesome, Sir Rodney!

Sir Robert:
These are really great! They look very functional and very well designed. I just startted playing with the designs of gauntlets, I agree they arn't difficult as they are time consuming- very time consuming as are all of these projects. You did a most excellent jod, I would love to see more pictures.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version