Main > The Library

Iron clad trailer

<< < (5/15) > >>

Sir Gerard de Rodes:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2011-07-29, 22:23:10 ---a review here: http://thereenactor.webs.com/previousarticles.htm

--- End quote ---

Jason is a good friend of mine and I would say his review is fair. Historical foe pah`s aside I still found it entertaining  ;)

G.

Sir William:
Ok, just watched this yesterday with the wife...LOVED it.  Thoroughly entertained...altho I agree with Jason, in that the love interest could've been left on the cutting room floor and the movie would not have suffered one bit.

I thought Paul Giamatti was very convincing as the dastardly King John, and of course, thought James Purefoy played the stoic Templar well.  Not like he hasn't had any previous experience portraying a knight, eh?  lol

All in all, we both thought it a good movie and I'd already added it to the collection so we're all to the good.  Also got Valhalla Rising...will review that after I've seen it over the weekend.

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Ser William on 2011-08-04, 15:30:29 ---... Also got Valhalla Rising...will review that after I've seen it over the weekend.

--- End quote ---
I rented this movie off Netflix a few months ago and was disappointed. It left me with the thought of it being an epic movie that could have been. It starts off engagingly enough but then the last third of the movie skews off haphazardly down an artsy-fartsy trail to a land dominated by irrelevant and meaningless abuse of impressionistic type imagery that totally fractures the story line and leaves the viewer sitting there wondering…
“WTF did I just watch?!”

But that’s just my take on the movie! ;)

Sir William:
Oh damn...really?  I sorta wish I had not read that because now my outlook's colored...anyhow, I'm wondering should I even bother watching it now!  Thank you, sir!  :)

Sir Brian:
By all means watch the movie now that you have it. As I stated the first half is good! Especially Mads Mikkelsen's fight scenes, which really adds to the disapointment factor because it starts off so great.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version