Main > The Armoury

KOA has loose rings and pliers for rivetting!!!!!!!!!

<< < (3/6) > >>

Sir Edward:

Ooh, KOA also has the GDFB sugarloaf now, for only about $7 over wholesale:

http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=AB1340&name=Sugar+Loaf+Helmet

Tempting.

Sir Ulrich:
Thanks guys.
I am thinking of just getting a ready made coif and modify it to fit me and add a chin and neck guard to it. That helmet is also quite tempting for that price.

Sir James A:
My guess would be 4k-5k rings also, depending on the size of the head, the size of the mantle, and if you make the part that they would tie around their lower face. A basic coif with small mantle is probably 3500-4000 rings, at 9mm diameter?

So glad to see them carrying them. I'm almost at the end of my patience messing with my butted mail shirt; seems like every time I tweak something, try it on for fitment, then take it off, 10 rings come off from random spots just by handling it. :(

Sir William:
Sir James, I totally understand where you're coming from...it is for that very reason that I switched to a riveted hauberk a couple of years ago.  I experienced ring loss primarily under the arms and in the elbows of my previous mail shirt.

Sir Edward:

Boy, you said it. I hate losing rings like that. Every faire season I end up with a few on the floor-boards of my car.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version