Main > The Armoury

Robin Hood Sword on sale - $145

(1/3) > >>

Sir William:
This is the cheapest I've seen it...anyone have any practical experience with this sword?

https://www.museumreplicas.com/p-1254-sword-of-robin-hood.aspx

Sir Edward:

I haven't handled it, but I'd guess that the construction is typical for a Windlass piece. My overall impression of them is that you get what you pay for, but they're OK for the price. I just wouldn't use it for cutting practice. :)

Sir William:
Really?  Why not?  Of the Windlasses I've handled, they were able cutters- but I did hate the screw-on pommel construction of the earlier models.  Perhaps their one real downfall.  This one's supposed to be peened though, unless I'm mistaken.

Sir Edward:

Well they're probably OK for cutting, but I think it's more of a case-by-case basis. Not all of their pieces have been solidly built. Whereas when you buy an Albion, you know it's going to hold up. :)

Sir William:
It better, at nearly ten times the price!  I haven't bought a Windlass in quite some time...think I've graduated to finer pieces but you know, every now and again they have something that I think I want.  I'm pretty good at talking myself out of that sort of thing.  Usually.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version