Main > The Courtyard

Snippet of F.O.G.

<< < (4/6) > >>

Sir Gerard de Rodes:
Well here`s a photograph of my son Daniel ( Ralph de Rodes) and myself, during the last few moments of his vigil in the chapel at Beaumaris castle.

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/JOBO_028/Beaumaris%20April%2009/?action=view&current=DSCF2299.jpg

Feel free to look through the rest of the photo bucket ( most of the photo`s are a bit crap)

G

Sir Wolf:
wow thats really cool

Sir William:
How long did he hold vigil?  That was an excellent shot.

Sir James A:
That video was great. Good kits, a real castle ... a true "playground" for us "kids"!

Sir Gerard de Rodes:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2011-01-25, 15:13:52 ---How long did he hold vigil?  That was an excellent shot.

--- End quote ---

Well Sir William, as we have so much other stuff going on throughout the day, the vigil usually lasts from when the castle opens (about 9am) to when we do the ceremony (about 12.30) so they aren`t on their knees or lying on the damp floor for too long. I know, we are much to lenient lol  ;) As the candidate is to be at prayer throughout, we have a brother monk who potters about doing priestly type things and interacts with the MOPS, explaining the significance of the clothing etc and what is going on. A couple of the Lords and knights in the group stop by to pray and spend time with the candidate, so we also can help with any explanaitions etc.
It`s loads of fun for us all, and we all ( even the youngsters) have a part to play in the days proceedings.
Beaumaris Castle is by far my favourite place and since I saw the chappel there, I have wanted to do this. It also has the most amaizing accoustics so medieval music (Instrument and/or voice) sounds fantastic.

G

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version