Main > The Armoury

Just joined the "14th Century Mafia", apparently I'm quite sick...

<< < (5/9) > >>

Sir William:
Where'd your order the gonfalon from, if you don't mind me asking?

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2011-04-04, 18:56:58 ---and the GDFB brass trimmed helm too - though Sir Edward recently got one and I don't want to be toooo much of a copycat. ;)

--- End quote ---

You mean the Sugarloaf I just got? The jury's still out on that one. It's not very roomy, as my nose presses against the front without adding the coif and arming cap. I need to play around with it a bit, but if it's not as comfy, I may not proceed with my plans on it. We'll see. :) Just haven't had the time to sit down and mess with it yet.

I wasn't 100% sure what I wanted to do with it. Technically I'm still working on my mid-14th kit, and could probably use the helm with that.

The open-face bascinet w/ aventail I have works, but has problems sharing my head with my glasses. I probably won't use it until I do something about my eyes.... even if that something is just to use disposable contacts while at faire (which won't be a 100% correction since they won't correct my astigmatism).

For my main c.1300 kit, I'll probably still stick with my current great helm.

Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread. Just want to say--- use what you want. Don't let me get in the way. :)

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2011-04-04, 19:37:23 ---Where'd your order the gonfalon from, if you don't mind me asking?

--- End quote ---

Cillene mac Conghalaigh, of the ArmourArchive. Just found out she has "in progress" pics of her projects, mine is just in the mockup stage now:

http://www.dirkandarrow.com/10.html

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2011-04-04, 20:35:18 ---
--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2011-04-04, 18:56:58 ---and the GDFB brass trimmed helm too - though Sir Edward recently got one and I don't want to be toooo much of a copycat. ;)

--- End quote ---

You mean the Sugarloaf I just got? The jury's still out on that one. It's not very roomy, as my nose presses against the front without adding the coif and arming cap. I need to play around with it a bit, but if it's not as comfy, I may not proceed with my plans on it. We'll see. :) Just haven't had the time to sit down and mess with it yet.

I wasn't 100% sure what I wanted to do with it. Technically I'm still working on my mid-14th kit, and could probably use the helm with that.

The open-face bascinet w/ aventail I have works, but has problems sharing my head with my glasses. I probably won't use it until I do something about my eyes.... even if that something is just to use disposable contacts while at faire (which won't be a 100% correction since they won't correct my astigmatism).

For my main c.1300 kit, I'll probably still stick with my current great helm.

Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread. Just want to say--- use what you want. Don't let me get in the way. :)

--- End quote ---

Yep, the one posted on FB. For a solution, I vote for laser eye surgery. I've always wanted laser eyes, like Cyclops of the X-Men. That'd be pretty sweet. :D

If you don't mind, I'd like to try the sugarloaf on and see how the fitment is for me. That would definitely help sway me one way or the other, especially since all I see is the circumference, and that's not much help in guessing fit.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2011-04-05, 02:33:51 ---Cillene mac Conghalaigh, of the ArmourArchive. Just found out she has "in progress" pics of her projects, mine is just in the mockup stage now:

http://www.dirkandarrow.com/10.html

--- End quote ---

Excellent choice. I had them do my banner as well, and it turned out great!

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2011-04-05, 02:33:51 ---Yep, the one posted on FB. For a solution, I vote for laser eye surgery. I've always wanted laser eyes, like Cyclops of the X-Men. That'd be pretty sweet. :D

--- End quote ---

See attached photo. :)

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2011-04-05, 02:33:51 ---If you don't mind, I'd like to try the sugarloaf on and see how the fitment is for me. That would definitely help sway me one way or the other, especially since all I see is the circumference, and that's not much help in guessing fit.

--- End quote ---

Yep, absolutely. Heh, we probably pass each other during the daily commute each day. We can probably meet up somewhere.

Sir William:
Where's your daily commute take you from and to, Sir Edward?  They should've fixed that young man's eye before givin him the Cyclopean treatment.  Now he just looks like a super dork.  lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version