Main > The Armoury

Just joined the "14th Century Mafia", apparently I'm quite sick...

(1/9) > >>

Sir James A:
http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=123915

...sick because I bought this on a pending refund from my other armor that is 2 months late and "missing", and
...sick because I haven't quite finished my MRL german gothic harness (getting gear from MercTailor for this), and
...sick because I still plan on getting a full 15th century harness from MercTailor, and
...sick because I got 9mm rivited SS voiders (from IceFalcon), and
...sick because I got 2 bags of loose SS rings & rivits (from IceFalcon) to make a skirt, and
...sick because I got another gambeson (from IceFalcon) to attach said skirt and voiders, and
...sick because I'm working on some sketches for display cases I can build from materials I can get at Home Depot.

Yet amongst all of this sickness, I am somehow quite happy. :D

Sir Wolf:
oh AWESOME! you bought it! wow i like that harness man. great buy, great buy. got the suit and the coins that is sweet

Sir Wolf:
see about getting the GDFB guantets and a basenet with aventail too they look like they would go well with this suit

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2011-01-15, 16:40:09 ---oh AWESOME! you bought it! wow i like that harness man. great buy, great buy. got the suit and the coins that is sweet

--- End quote ---

I don't know what to do with the coins, so I donated them to him as a thank you for negotiating on free shipping. I'd rather he use them than they sit in a drawer or box in my house.

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2011-01-15, 16:41:56 ---see about getting the GDFB guantets and a basenet with aventail too they look like they would go well with this suit

--- End quote ---

My wallet nearly took off my finger when I paid for this round, so it's sealed for a while. My plan was to see if the Wisby gauntlets from MercTailor match this harness timeframe (I'm thinking yes? 1361 for Wisby would be just a decade or two before this harness). I'll look into the GDFB helmet. Thanks!

Sir Rodney:
Well done. This sale caught my attention because the detailing seems to be very well executed.  I wanted it very much as I'm a touch over 6' but I haven’t been 180 lbs. since high school. ;)

I've noticed the thread that contains your vendor problems and refund attempt.  You have my sincere best wishes for a speedy resolution.  Fortunately, I haven't been in a similar circumstance so I can only guess at your frustration. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version