Main > The Armoury

15th century War Hammer made by Museum Replicas for sale

<< < (3/3)

Sir Edward:

I have one very similar to it. I must say, it makes for a fantastic ice-pick. :)

Das Bill:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2011-01-13, 00:57:34 ---a friend of mine had a MRL axe and hit a shield with it, the half broke and the head flew a good ways away

--- End quote ---

This has been my experience with all of MRL's hafts to date. Whatever type of wood it is, it seems to break very, very easily. Still, a number of people on myArmoury have used MRL polearms as "home improvement" projects to great success.

Sir Ulrich:
I had an MRL waster that ended up breaking in the middle of a duel. Certainly made me angry but I glued it and it works, For now...

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Das Bill on 2011-01-13, 21:00:19 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2011-01-13, 00:57:34 ---a friend of mine had a MRL axe and hit a shield with it, the half broke and the head flew a good ways away

--- End quote ---

This has been my experience with all of MRL's hafts to date. Whatever type of wood it is, it seems to break very, very easily. Still, a number of people on myArmoury have used MRL polearms as "home improvement" projects to great success.

--- End quote ---

I'm not surprised by this at all. They seem to use the same type of wood in their hafts that they use for their cheap wooden wasters. The wasters break pretty readily too. The one I used before upgrading to Purple Heart and steel swords, etc, broke with a split down the length of the grip, without a lot of abuse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version