Main > The Armoury

15th century War Hammer made by Museum Replicas for sale

(1/3) > >>

Sir Wolf:
found this on another forum

http://frontierfolk.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=35528

--- Quote ---This is a 15th century War Hammer made by Museum Replicas, it was called the New War Hammer in their catalog and sold for 124.99, this one still has the original price stickers on it. They closed out the last ones at 89.99 I picked up 2 of them. It weighs 2 1/2 pounds, forged from carbon steel. I know a steel drum will not stand up to it at all. I thought the hammer head could be forged into a hawk head and the top spike cut off.
overall it's 26 1/2" long, head from front to back spike is 5 7/8". It's mounted on a hardwood shaft with a buttcap. it's a very heave duty,nice made piece.
$47.00 shipped with delivery confirmation  Payment by postal money order or I can take paypal also.
--- End quote ---

Allan Senefelder:
I'm not 100% on this but I thought I rememembered maybe Chad Arno on myarmoury doing a haft replacement on one of these I think that came out nice.

Sir Rodney:
The thread you're thinking of was Sean Flynt's Pollaxe/Streithammer Project on myA.  This was the thread that got me off my rear and finish Hafting my Poleaxe Head.  Sean does some outstanding modification and DIY stuff.

He's dropped it to $45 shipped.  Wow, that's a great price!

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Rodney on 2011-01-12, 18:56:21 ---The thread you're thinking of was Sean Flynt's Pollaxe/Streithammer Project on myA.  This was the thread that got me off my rear and finish Hafting my Poleaxe Head.  Sean does some outstanding modification and DIY stuff.

--- End quote ---

That reminds me, I still need to haft my GDFB heads as well. Ah, projects are never done. :)

Sir William:
That's a nice hammer...been wanting one too.  Not sure about those side spikes though...wouldn't they dig into your hips?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version