Main > The Library

The Scarlet Lion - William the Marshal's later years

<< < (2/2)

Sir William:
So I'm currently re-reading this book and I must say- if there was ever a 'true history' of a medieval person, I would say that Chadwick's take on The Marshal has him nearing superhero status in my book.  I'm in agreement with this assessment, having read Crouch's Marshal, as well as numerous references in various medieval texts, this book fleshes out his later life, from 1197 right up until his taking of the Templar vows on his deathbed - she manages to make him human and yet he is still the epitome of chivalry and the very essence of knighthood for his time.  Who is to say it didn't happen this way?

Sir James A:
I have it on my shelf, but I'm still going through a few other books on the list first. I've read nothing but good things from her, and picked up "For The King's Favor" (or similar) by her in my last Amazon purchases to get me over that $25 free shipping mark.

Sir Brian:
I've been reading it for the past couple of weeks but haven't gotten that far due to the hectic schedule! It is good though! :)

Sir William:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2011-02-11, 22:31:03 ---I have it on my shelf, but I'm still going through a few other books on the list first. I've read nothing but good things from her, and picked up "For The King's Favor" (or similar) by her in my last Amazon purchases to get me over that $25 free shipping mark.

--- End quote ---

Ha!  I just downloaded that one to my Kindle...reading and enjoying it now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version