Main > The Armoury

lutel back in business

<< < (3/3)

Sir Ulrich:
Well I looked into Del Tin swords, I must say they are VERY nice looking and much more affordable than Albion swords. More accurate than most swords I see anyway. This one particularly  catches my eye http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=DT2131&name=Del+Tin+13th+Century+Cruciform+Sword
Nice and simple with a nice shaped pommel. Now I got something to add to my to buy list. Not sure if I'd use it in combat as weapons break and I'd rather break something thats easy to replace (like the practical norman which I have) than a fine nicely crafted sword.

Sir Wolf:
you'll not break a del tin. they are thinner edged than most groups like to use for steel combat, but they do well. i have one or two somewheres

Sir Andrew:
 Did I just miss it, or does the Lutel site have a currency conversion table somewhere?

Das Bill:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2011-01-09, 00:44:57 ---you'll not break a del tin. they are thinner edged than most groups like to use for steel combat, but they do well. i have one or two somewheres

--- End quote ---

Then there must be something wrong with me, as I've broken several. :) Del Tin's are what I consider middle-grade weapons. They aren't the best, but they are far from the worst. If you use them for western martial arts or stage combat, then they'll last a little while before a hilt will fail or a blade will snap, but they're better than most of the cheaper stuff out there. On average, they're on the heavier end of the spectrum, though this isn't true for every single model. And they fittings, when seen up close, show heavy evidence of casting flaws.

But despite those criticisms, they still are worth the price.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version