Main > The Armoury

review of gambeson from Viking Leather

<< < (2/5) > >>

Sir Wolf:
that inward cut is based off of the 14th century design. its supposed to let you move your arms without the waist going upwards. i forget the whole who made what on the AA forum but the design is legit to them and not copy of another merchants.

Das Bill:
That's not what I mean. The cut isn't the same as a 14th c. design. I think Sir Brian is right about how it looks like a copy (though I think he means Revival Martial Arts, not Revival Clothing, as the former has the bad design and the latter has an excellent design). The way the shoulders are sloped it means that for some builds (such as my own) you'll have a gap above the shoulders, making it bunch up when you lift your arms even though the waist doesn't lift.

Unfortunately, the grand assiette sleeves are tricky, and that's why the good ones are so expensive, and the cheaper ones fit in a funny way.

Sir Wolf:

--- Quote from: Das Bill on 2011-01-03, 16:21:46 ---That's not what I mean. The cut isn't the same as a 14th c. design. I think Sir Brian is right about how it looks like a copy (though I think he means Revival Martial Arts, not Revival Clothing, as the former has the bad design and the latter has an excellent design). The way the shoulders are sloped it means that for some builds (such as my own) you'll have a gap above the shoulders, making it bunch up when you lift your arms even though the waist doesn't lift.

Unfortunately, the grand assiette sleeves are tricky, and that's why the good ones are so expensive, and the cheaper ones fit in a funny way.

--- End quote ---
you are prob right about the fit. still the price isn't bad though.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Das Bill on 2011-01-03, 16:21:46 ---I think he means Revival Martial Arts, not Revival Clothing, as the former has the bad design and the latter has an excellent design

--- End quote ---

Probably so. I certainly have nothing but praise for my Revival Clothing gambeson. It breathes pretty well and moves very well. Combined with armor it would probably get a little warm, but as a fencing gambeson it rocks.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2011-01-03, 18:26:12 ---
--- Quote from: Das Bill on 2011-01-03, 16:21:46 ---I think he means Revival Martial Arts, not Revival Clothing, as the former has the bad design and the latter has an excellent design

--- End quote ---

Probably so. I certainly have nothing but praise for my Revival Clothing gambeson. It breathes pretty well and moves very well. Combined with armor it would probably get a little warm, but as a fencing gambeson it rocks.

--- End quote ---

Oh I had a thought. Sir Brian, were you referring to the Revival Clothing wrestling jacket? It's true, that won't breathe well under armor at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version