Main > The Armoury

Ed's other kit, 15th century

<< < (2/18) > >>

Das Bill:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2008-04-02, 11:43:17 ---the GDFB breast is nice but it doesn't have a back, and since he's going for full plate eheehe it would be a bit breezy

--- End quote ---

True, though it wouldn't be out of the question. The Paulus Kal manuscript has quite a number of guys fully armoured without backs. Some of them have mail underneath, others either don't, or else the mail is supposed to be under their garments where it can't be seen. But I can certainly understand if Ed wants to get the back.

As another thought, its possible to get the front and have someone add a back to it later.

Sir Wolf:
some have mail with no backs true, and some look to be breastplates over thinner jacks. 

what about the windlass (MRL) breast and back. has anyone seen that?

Das Bill:
The Windlass cuirass is surprisingly decent for the price. Christian has one. In fact, its the cuirass that Ben is wearing in Christian's first book, if you have that. Though I believe Christian said he had to work on the lames to make them articulate a little better.

The Windlass arms are decent, except that the elbows are really big. They need "squishing". I own the pauldrons, and they don't articulate very well as-is, but Peter Fuller did some work on them to make then work incredibly well, so at least they can be salvaged by a good armourer. The gauntlets are the most beautiful and expensive hand puppets you'll ever see: They barely articulate at all. Completely useless as armour, unfortunately. Peter Fuller worked on mine as well, and he made them slightly better, but there was only so much he could do without just making a brand new pair. I haven't seen the legs.

Sir Edward:
So, I finally got to try out the new helm + bevor with my armor...  (pics wholly stolen from Sword Chick) :)

The legs worked a little better last night too. Some photos show them sitting a little funny, but for the most part they moved with me pretty well. I'm cautiously optimistic about pointed them to the arming cotte when it arrives.

Sword Chick:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2008-04-17, 14:09:45 ---So, I finally got to try out the new helm + bevor with my armor...  (pics wholly stolen from Sword Chick) :)

--- End quote ---

Well, Sir Wolf, Christian and Das Bill know where they can see more.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version