Main > The Armoury

Ed's other kit, 15th century

<< < (10/18) > >>

Sir Wolf:
coolness. can't wait to see it.

do you see what I mean about it's missing the roundness or dishing in places?  I thought by adding  the length a tad we could help but I was wrong.  Glad you could make it better. Ed and I live kida far apart so it was hard to get and fix after he noticed the problem.

also, sweet to the fluting on the tassets.  I just recently got a fluting tool from the archive.  Can you do something for me?  Dip the fauld and tassets in vinegar or something? I believe they are galv steel and I didn't have any non galv at the time.  I think this would make it look better as well

Sir Edward:
Excellent news! Thank you so much for working on my armor. Yes, by all means go ahead and rework the tassets too. Would it be possible to add an additional fauld lame in the back to match the one we added in the front? Or would that not work too well?

Oh yes, the surface finish looks quite different on the parts we added, as Chuck mentioned. If we can improve that, I'd love to do that too.

This is great! :)

Allan Senefelder:
I can polish them up but unless I miss my mark, they're galvininzed so they will retain a slightly different color to them even when polished.

Sir Edward:
OK, that's fine :)

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2009-08-01, 14:26:53 ---
Oh yes, the surface finish looks quite different on the parts we added, as Chuck mentioned. If we can improve that, I'd love to do that too.

--- End quote ---

Perhaps the different coloring would add to the "broken in" and "well used" charm to your harness?
...You know, sort of give it that comfortable pair of slippers feel to it!  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version