Main > The Armoury

Ed's other kit, 15th century

<< < (7/18) > >>

Sir Edward:

I'd like to keep as much of the fluting as possible, but I'm not opposed to sacrificing some to make it fit better. I'd love to add the appropriate amount of fauld length as well. Wolf and I added one front lame and the tassets after that picture, but there's a lot of room to add more especially if we raise the bottom edge.

Ironically, even though I've gained weight since I bought it, I still have some breathing room. Initially it was extremely spacious front-to-back, and pretty snug side-to-side. It squeezes at the pelvis, but nowhere else. So we have some room to play with it.

Allen, if you were to re-work it a bit, what sort of price-range and time estimate are we looking at? (just a ballpark, since there's no rush and I realize you haven't looked at it up close).

If this is salvageable, I'm up for it. :)

Allan Senefelder:
Ed i'd really have to get my hands on it to give you an idea of how long and how much ( its the little details that come to light once its in you hands that begin to to throw wrenches in things). If you don't like the quote or the time fram, we send it back to you.

Sir Edward:

OK, that sounds fine. Once you do get it up close, you'll have to let me know what you think is the best course of action to get it to fit better. I suspect in addition to what we discussed, the shoulder-strap regions could probably also use some slight re-shaping. I'm a pretty average-sized person (recent weight gain aside), so it's not like I have a strange body shape to work with. :)

Allan Senefelder:
I'll hit you up for some measurements. What we usually do is with a certain set of measurments ( depending on the piece of armour in question) we can match some one in the shoope with the body part in question and work off them.

Sir Edward:

That sounds great. Shall I email you off-board and go from there?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version