Main > The Armoury

Ed's other kit, 15th century

<< < (6/18) > >>

Allan Senefelder:
Ed, how up on your metal working skills are you? It sounds like you need to remove material lenght from the bottom of the breast and back plates as they are sitting to low. They should be more around the bottom of you rib cage or a bit lower, the pelvis shouldn't be involved at all. Can you send me pics of just the B&b plates on you? We may be able to rework this for you.

Sir Edward:
No metal skills at all, unfortunately. Sir Wolf was kind enough to help me out with it one afternoon, and we adjusted the angle between the plackart and breastplate to contour it better (it definitely looks better). I think this made it slightly longer too, when it was already too long (the pic I posted above is clickable, and if you look, you'll see a rivet above the top center point of the plackart, which is where it used to be riveted before we re-angled it). The rivet that holds the top lame on the side is what sticks into my hip on the pelvis.

It's possible that the plackart could be raised up, with it and the breast overlapping more and reshaped slightly so it extends to the proper length with the right curve. The back would definitely require material removal.

If this can be reworked, that would be wonderful! I'll see if I can get some pics of it by itself. We may even have one already in another thread from our armouring day over at Wolf's place.

Sir Edward:
Here's the thread with the pics we took when we reworked it a bit. They're not the B&B by themselves, but pretty close a little ways down in the thread:

http://modernchivalry.org/forum/index.php/topic,177.0.html

On Saturday, it felt like it was sitting lower than it looks in this shot:

(clicky)

Allan Senefelder:
Yeah your way to long. The question I guess is how comfortable are you with losing some of the fluting ( length ) on the front? In order to raise the waist line i'd have to clip from the bottom of the breast plate which will remove some of the length of the flutes, and probably re create flange to take you fauld plate. Raising the plackard higher would take care of some of the issue but i'm not sure if it sill take care of all. What do you think?

Sir Wolf:
hi Allen. from a professional point of view i did what i could with what i had.  the breastplate is not dished at all for the stomach. it is simply rolled from 1 side to the other.  the angle is not there in the breast/back to allow the belly to be out while the chest comes in close. same to be said to allow room at the hips. of course Sir Ed has gained a lil bit since he bought the armour ;)  we could cut some of the bnb bottom and raise the faulds up further or just put it in its old holes, all depends on what ed wants to do. i'm game for anything heheheh ARMOUR ARMOUR!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version