Main > The Armoury

Need a bit help with a kit

<< < (5/6) > >>

Sir Ulrich:
Well I got Icefalcon blackened mail on the way. Would of gotten GDFB mail but the sizes wouldn't fit me, considering I'm skinny and medium sized, most of their stuff is for large to extra large sized people apart from the shoes and helmets. I bought a surcoat from them and it literally was too wide and went down to my ankles. But cloth is easy to tailor but mail is not (unless you're experienced with riveting mail). Not sure about the padded cuisses but I may get them so I can tailor them so they fit my skinny legs. Thats why I got the Icefalcon stuff, it would probably fit me better and not be so baggy... Not sure about the coifs though, I wouldn't mind getting one of those, just want it so the riveting matches my hauberk. I'd actually prefer a painted great helm with a red cross on the faceplate and a crow or raven on the top as a crest. Would suit my coat of arms pretty well. Maybe I'll buy one of those cheap deepeeka blank shields and paint it cause I don't want to repaint my current shield as I want to also have a templar knight persona as well. I'd basically be the "black knight" of the modern chivalry team.
I do plan to fight but not in the SCA, I am thinking Markland because I don't care much for how the SCA armor or fighting looks or runs... If I ever do the SCA I'll just get boiled leather armor and will put the mail OVER it so it's hidden, and i'll wear either a transitional or great helm cause I don't care for grilled helmets...

Sir Wolf:

--- Quote from: Sir Ulrich the Wicked on 2010-12-23, 03:20:34 ---. I thought they had splinted armor in the Viking age though.

--- End quote ---

well no not really viking. it's more pre-viking like Vandal or Saxon cultures that had them in the 6-7th centuries if I'm not mistaken. and they are more like long metal stripes with possibly no leather backing other than a connecting strap. (this is a widely accepted configuration of the found pieces anyways) they think it was on forearm and chin type armour

SirNathanQ:
Yeah. Splinted was before the Viking period. It's really chic for vendel though  :P
Anyway, sounds like a cool look.
Geez, will I be the ONLY guy not sporting a great helm or shield at our get togethers?   ::)

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: SirNathanQ on 2010-12-28, 20:23:41 ---Yeah. Splinted was before the Viking period. It's really chic for vendel though  :P
Anyway, sounds like a cool look.
Geez, will I be the ONLY guy not sporting a great helm or shield at our get togethers?   ::)

--- End quote ---

LOL, no, I have a late-era gothic white harness and a 15th/16th-ish field plate one as well.

Sir Wolf:
ha, depends on what i'm in the mood for that day as to what kit i'm gonna use ;) hmmm maybe a lime painted nekked pict? heheheh jkjk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version