Main > The Armoury

Start of my late 15th cent Man-at-arms kit

<< < (7/8) > >>

Sir Edward:

It's looking really good! In fact, it makes me envious in a way. I didn't have such a great kit starting out. It's taken a long time to get mine together, and they're still not done (well, they're never done, really) :)

Allan Senefelder:
The Mrs. used enamels to paint them. She enjoyed it, it was a nice change from painting shields. I think she's kinda hoping some more stuff like that comes her way as a change of pace ( when not painting shields she proffesionally restores antique porcelain and china for a living ).

Sir James A:
Sir Nathan, that looks fantastic! As Sir Edward is, I'm a bit envious as well. If you want to get some voiders, skirt, or loose rings to make your own, IceFalcon is having a sale right now and has also announced cost of stainless is going up so prices will be going up after Jan 15th as well. I just got my voiders earlier this week, 9mm stainless rivited, and I bought a few sets of loose rings (backordered) to make a skirt. I can take pics if you want.

Or if you want to do simple butted mail from galvanized wire, it's quite easy but time consuming. I can show you how.

--- Quote from: Allan Senefelder on 2011-01-13, 14:43:58 ---The Mrs. used enamels to paint them. She enjoyed it, it was a nice change from painting shields. I think she's kinda hoping some more stuff like that comes her way as a change of pace ( when not painting shields she proffesionally restores antique porcelain and china for a living ).

--- End quote ---

I recognized the arms right away as yours. She did a great job.

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2011-01-13, 12:51:58 ---really makes me want to put on my wedding suit of armour for a new picture. hmmmmmmm

--- End quote ---

I must ask for pics of this. I wanted to wear a suit of armour for my wedding, but I don't have anything I'd be happy in. I've seen a few pictures of people cutting the wedding cake with a sword ... wish I had seen those before my wedding.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2011-01-13, 15:54:02 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2011-01-13, 12:51:58 ---really makes me want to put on my wedding suit of armour for a new picture. hmmmmmmm

--- End quote ---

I must ask for pics of this. I wanted to wear a suit of armour for my wedding, but I don't have anything I'd be happy in. I've seen a few pictures of people cutting the wedding cake with a sword ... wish I had seen those before my wedding.

--- End quote ---

Almost 10 years ago. I managed to take this one picture before the camera died (oh that made me mad):

Sir Patrick:
Nice kit, Sir Nathan!  I'm envious (not a knightly virtue, I know)!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version