Main > The Armoury

I know what I want for christmas

<< < (3/4) > >>

Sir William:
Know anyone in, say, Canada who would be willing to take shipment and then send it on to you?

Sir Ulrich:
The only english speaking countries it ships to is the UK and Ireland, I got friends from the UK but I'd have to ask them prehaps. For all this money I probably could get a different one for a similar price, just dunno where.
They sell the same model without the velvet at Therion Arms here http://therionarms.com/reenact/therionarms_c1088.html
Maybe I'll just buy that one and paint it the colors I want.

Sir Wolf:
ya thats what i would do. paint the sections or take it apart and do whatever with it hehehe(that is if it isn't internally welded)

Allan Senefelder:
What Wolf said. If its not internally welded, removing the rivets isn't that bad ( Dremel with fiber cut off wheel in a pinch, angle grinder better from the inside, mark your four quarter plates so that they go back in the section they came out of and glue fabric to each ( you can use and awle to creat each of the corresponding holes needed for reinstalation after the fabric is on ) and then rerivet thet quarter panels into place. We get our rivets from McMaster-Carr, a single box would do you which runs about $6.00 plus a few for shipping. Painting is also an option and an historical to boot.

Sir Ulrich:
Is there a way to tell if it's riveted or welded? Maybe I should ask around on sword forums or my armory.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version