Main > The Armoury

sir brian, your helmet

(1/7) > >>

Sir Wolf:
any pictures with the aventail yet?

Sir Brian:
I'm afraid not. Hal finally charged my card so it is probably inroute. Probably won't be able to get
to it until December sometime. :)

Sir Wolf:
:( it never said it was back ordered did it? drat heck of a wait

Sir Brian:
Well I finally got the aventail about a week ago and last night I was able to start the task of attaching it to the helm. I used a combination of tools and material and I'm not done yet but did get the difficult part done insofar as getting the holes in the right place the first time. I started with the first hole on each side to ensure the aventail was even and then the other holes for the next descending vervelles. I used some small picture nails in key locations to hold the aventail to the vervelles while I marked the rest of the spots I needed to make holes in the leather skirting. I used a 5/16" hole punch which was still snug over the vervelles but allowed enough play for some adjustments. I only have to secure the aventail more permanently after I locate some more leather to cut into scales for a finishing touch. I intend to use some 24 gauge gold wire to secure the aventail to the vervelles. - Uh no I'm not leaving the zip ties in place!  ;)

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd251/Tah908/My%20Kit/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ28

~ Oh and the helmet stand is also from Therion Arms and it's a piggy bank as well! Which is a great bonus since I needed a new one!  :D

Sir Wolf:
awesome job! looks great.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version