Main > The Courtyard

Longpoint - MD KDF event

(1/13) > >>

Sir Edward:

Registration is now open:

http://fightlongpoint.com/

The event is on the weekend of January 22-23, 2011 (only a few months away). Last year it was one day, but it's expanded to two this year. Last year it was a blast.

This sort of event is equally fun and educational for both beginners and more advanced students, since they usually gear the classes to appeal broadly. They'll focus on certain techniques in depth, so it can enhance your understanding of that particular move, or introduce you to it for the first time.

Last year the tournament had all ranges of skill levels. We watched some of the instructors fight each other, but also some relative beginners pair up for bouts as well.

The instructors are from all over the area, representing VAF, MKDF, MASHS, NYHFA, NOVA Assaulto, and MEMAG, to name a few.

I definitely encourage folks here to go if they can spare a weekend and $89 (though you might also want to get some gear if you don't have it, at the very least a plastic longsword waster).

Sir William:
Whoa...this is right up our alley, knights.  Who's going?

Sir Edward:

I signed up right after writing that message. :)

Sir William:
LOL

That's good news...I set it up on my calendar to make my registration on 12/10.  This'll be my first time ever attending an event of this nature, so I'm nervous and excited too.

Sir Edward:

I get nervous going to new events too. :)

But truthfully, the WMA/HEMA folks I've met have all been great people. If you come in with enthusiasm and just want to learn, you don't need to worry at all about being a beginner. It's a very welcoming and accepting bunch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version