Main > The Library

the Eagle

(1/2) > >>

Sir Wolf:
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/focus_features/theeagle/

Sir William:
I'm not a big Channing Tatum fan...in what I've seen him in (Fighting, G.I. Joe, Dear John) he's just ok, definitely not leading man quality, not yet.  But, since it is about the Roman saga, I'll probably watch it anyway.

Sir William:
Ok, I saw this a couple of weeks ago...it wasn't half bad.  Dealt with the fabled 'lost' Roman legion, the 9th...this is the third movie in the last few years that has tackled this particular story. 

The Last Legion, starring Colin Firth
Centurion, starring Michael Fassbender

And this one.  Centurion is the best of the three...I would say that Last Legion is 2nd, if only because they wove in the Excalibur/Arthurian thread which made me pay more attention.

All in all, this was an entertaining movie to watch, with decent action/fight sequences and decent acting; the armor was not horrible...the weapons were attractive to my eye.  I like the difference in look and aspect of the weapons and armor between the indigenous Picts and the invading Romans.

Sir Gerard de Rodes:
We watched this last night and I agree with Sir Williams view. It was a little better than I expected, and we enjoyed watching the whole thing. After buying and watching "Clash of Empires" and nearly being sick in my mouth after seeing the first 5 minutes of it. :o

G.

Sir William:
Clash of Empires? That sounds like it should be good...what made it bad?  I've never even heard of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version