Main > The Armoury

i know its suade but it's still pretty

<< < (3/4) > >>

Sir William:
That's another thing, sizing.  M is usually for medium, but MRL's medium is deceiving because the chest circumference would suggest a Large rating, but I accidentally bought the L/XL one because I thought THAT should fit.  It was like trying to put on a fully-deployed parachute as a dress.  I'm being facetious, just know that I was literally swimming in it.  But I'm not that big, at 6' and weighing in at 175lbs...so I learned.  Always go with the M, especially for you Conall, as I know you to be slimmer than myself.  OR...you could have one custom-made for you, just need a seamstress of some skill and a fairly concrete idea of what it is you're wanting.

I still haven't asked my Mom to do one up for me yet...I'm waiting to see what we decide to do with the Order, as I may want a surcoat made especially for it.

Sir Edward:

Yeah, the surcoats are probably sized with larger people wearing armor in mind. To me the whole S/M/L/XL thing is meaningless if they don't also give you a sizing chart with inches.

Sir William:
LOL you're right of course, how arrogant I must seem to assume that it would be suited to fit me.  Live and learn, that's what the process is all about.

Sir Edward:
Yeah, I've had the same problem with Revival Clothing. Almost every bit of arming clothes I've gotten from them had to go back in exchange for the next size up. And their sizing chart had inch measurements, so even that can be misleading.

Sir William:
Or how about what you ordered turns out to be somewhat different than what you thought?  Brings to mind something else...how nice it'd be to have a brick & mortar medieval shop where we could try stuff on and there coudl be an experienced seamstress/tailor who could do the job of customizing the rags.

I swear it, if I ever hit the lottery, this WILL be SEW.  And that'd be the name of it too!  lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version