Main > The Armoury

Pain In the Neck!

<< < (5/6) > >>

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: The Red Knight on 2010-11-01, 17:28:42 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2010-11-01, 10:06:42 ---any pics? hehehe.
--- End quote ---

Here's one.  This kit is in the VERY early stages, and obviously needs A LOT of work (like the right footwear, or some maille!).  I'm really just in the "soft kit" stage right now (BTW that surcoat is way old, and just being used as a placeholder at the moment).

--- End quote ---

Man I’m away from the board for a couple of days and miss the pictures of your excellent harness! It looks great Red Knight!  :)

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2010-11-03, 03:17:30 ---
--- Quote from: Paladin on 2010-11-02, 20:25:10 ---On another note, it sure would be nice to put that greathelm onto your saddle horn, wouldn't it, Sir Edward?  God help them if they ever let us in on horses!  lol

--- End quote ---

One of the things they sometimes did in period sounds horrendously uncomfortable. Some of the great helms had holes near the bottom on the front, where they'd run a strap or chain through it and just hang it from their neck such that it hangs on their back. I can't imagine that being comfortable for very long.

--- End quote ---

I wonder at that myself...I mean you already have the shield hanging from the neck (at least according to de Troyes lol) and now the helm as well?  As heavy as those can run, can't be comfortable.

Sir Matthew, Son of Sandler boots, noted.  Especially like the looks of the 4 buckle boot:  http://sonofsandlar.com/product-line-2/

Sir Edward:

I suspect that any time they'd be doing that, they'd have the shield on their arm. But still.. ugh, it doesn't sound good.

Sir Patrick:
Thanks, Sir Brian.  I only hope one day it's as cool as yours!

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2010-11-03, 14:09:59 ---

I suspect that any time they'd be doing that, they'd have the shield on their arm. But still.. ugh, it doesn't sound good.

--- End quote ---

I'd think only when they're prepping for a charge...when they're just riding along in full kit, the shield hangs at the back- and I've read a number of stories where the shield hanging from the neck was described; the description led me to believe (initially) that it hung with the strap across the front of the neck which is most uncomfortable- my first commissioned shield was strapped thusly and I'd told them that it couldn't be done like that anymore.  lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version