Main > The Armoury

oh the agony of the 14th century kit

<< < (2/9) > >>

Sir Wolf:
something like that around the bottom edge.

still playing things out in my mind

not sure if i want that helmet, or just a simple bassinet with no visor and a great helmet to wear over it...

Sir Patrick:
So those are COPs, not jupons on the effigies?  Have you thought about the belts?  I really like plaque belts in general, and that double rig on the last effigy is pretty cool.

Sir Wolf:
no i forgot about the jupons worn over top of the cops. heck i could just use an early globose breastplate for 1360s but I like coats of plates.

i dunno. lots of little details i need to work out. ho hum hehehe

Sir Wolf:
sigh i still dont know what to do hehehe. 1330s would be easier to make really. hmmmm any more thoughts on this subject?

Sir William:
I think of it like this:  the more armor you must acquire, the more fun it'll be, so I'd go with the latter part of the 14th Century.  For me, anyways, a lot of the fun is in the building of a kit, you know?

Thing is, if you have a good base to start with (a good mail coat, or some good plate armor parts) then your kit will be that much better when you're finished putting it all together.  I've noticed that I've slowly made my way toward more current times (my first kit was 11th C, all mail, butted at that- still have the coif!) as I become more enamored with plate armor and the myriad styles and designs that you can get ahold of makes it quite a fun and rewarding exercise.

For next year, I need new legs, a helm and I need to tailor my hauberk to fit me better; seeing some of the rigs you guys wear has gotten me to thinking.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version