Main > The Armoury

oh the agony of the 14th century kit

<< < (3/9) > >>

Sir Patrick:
Could you start 1330s and just add stuff over time to hit 1360s?  That was, if I'm not mistaken, a period of rapid transition so It wouldn't look weird to be a little mixed.

Sir William:
Red Knight, you could do exactly that.  That's pretty much how I've done it...I've changed out pieces as it suited me to do so over the years.  I no longer have any of the first parts of armor that I'd acquired...oh man...it seems I started doing this 6 or so years ago.  Sure doesn't feel like it!

Anyway, I think the 'conglomerate' look would probably lend some historicity to the harness, at least from my POV.

Sir Wolf:
ya thanks guys. i think i'll start our 1330/40s and then get more add ons. only thing is the helmet/aventail. they are very different from the 2 time frames. the earlier are shorter helms with more mail, while the later are longer sides. and the earlier looks like the mail is riveted inside the helm and the later is attached to the outside. ho hum i hate being anal sometimes hehehe.

looks like i'll order some Rough from the hammer pieces and make the rest.

Sir William:
Post lots of pics, Sir Wolf- evolution is always fun to witness.  On an aside, do you think it'd be overkill if I sprang for my own effigy for when I kick the bucket?

What a morbid thought...

Sir Ancelyn:
Why not. 

Just get a nice churchyard burial somewhere and place the grave/efigy so that people come up on it unawares and exclaim in surprise and delight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version