Main > The Armoury

friend of mine's sca kit

<< < (5/6) > >>

Sir William:
That's what I'll be doing...I don't guess it'll matter much if I use round rings when the rest're flattened?  I'm still debating...do I want to rivet them?

Of course I do...and I think having the newer rings look different from what's already there will make it look more authentic.  Wish I could get the brightness off it though...I don't like how it looks, especially in pictures.

Sir Edward:

Well, you want to remove material from the bottom of the sleeve, where it won't really be seen much anyway. You can get away with slightly different links, or even just lace it together.

Just be sure not to remove too much! It's easy to make that mistake. The sleeve still needs some slack in it, so you only want to remove a little bit. You might want to try using a lace and tie the sleeve together where you're thinking of making the cuts, and see if you can still bend your arm in it.

Sir William:
GREAT idea...my impatient self would do just that.  I've trimmed the sleeves already...I have 2 6" long sections that I've toyed with the idea of making into faux chausses but I didn't want to sew them onto my current pair of trews just because I...well...I wasn't sure I wanted to do that.  I'll try the lacing thing probably tonight or tomorrow.

Sir Wolf:
if u look at the latest mdrf pictures take a look at my legs. i sewed mail onto the bottom part of my padded chausis. really REALLY accomplished the look i was going for. now next year i will finish the foot covering

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2010-10-22, 16:58:47 ---if u look at the latest mdrf pictures take a look at my legs. i sewed mail onto the bottom part of my padded chausis. really REALLY accomplished the look i was going for. now next year i will finish the foot covering

--- End quote ---

Yep, Sir Wolf is on the left here:

http://ed.toton.org/photos/2010/faire/b1679b.jpg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version