Main > The Armoury

Boots

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sir Ulrich:
I use GDFB 13th century soldier's shoes, and they fit me better than any other medieval boot i've bought. http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=GB1009&name=13th+C+Soldier+Shoes+with+Buckles Only issue is walking on paths paved with rocks, such as the NY renaissance fair. Still they're better than all the Museum Replicas suede boots I was given years ago or even worse the Locksley boots which crushed my toes.

Sir William:
I suppose I could use a pair of those 2 toggle shoes for my Crusader/Norman persona, still up in the air if I want to fully develop that one or not.  Great price considering, thanks Sir Wolf!

I've seen the GDFB ones...not very comfortable?

Sir Edward:

I forgot about the GDFB ones. I'm curious about these as well.

Sir Ulrich:

--- Quote from: Paladin on 2010-10-15, 19:36:21 ---I suppose I could use a pair of those 2 toggle shoes for my Crusader/Norman persona, still up in the air if I want to fully develop that one or not.  Great price considering, thanks Sir Wolf!

I've seen the GDFB ones...not very comfortable?

--- End quote ---
Actually they're rather comfortable for me, they got a bit of arch support so they're good for people with high arches such as myself.

Sir Matthew:
Another possibility for people who are looking to do 15th century and forward at least, is Federal Brograns. Shoes of this style appear about the early 1400's according to the King of the Kingdom of Lucerne. I am going to invest in a pair this winter for my later kits. For earlier periods though, I am somewhat at a loss as far as boots go. I know that the Irish were wearing Ghillies (spelling?) since about Roman times, but I don't know much else in the footwear department.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version