Main > The Armoury

How to clean rust from armor

<< < (6/6)

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2011-02-01, 21:17:43 ---interesting

oh, got your new armour stand up yet?

--- End quote ---

Display case? No. Stand? Yes. I made 5 stands when I only had 3 sets of armor because I knew they'd get used. :D

I'm waiting on the gambeson from IceFalcon (I ordered a size too small and sent it back for exchange), received the rivited mail pliers, arming points and tabs from Historic Enterprises, and eyelets, awl and eyelet setter from Brettuns Village. The stand looks a bit "bare" with just the armor, so I was waiting til I have the gambeson w/mail attached and on the stand too before posting pics. I may swap out the single breastplate for a 14th C breast and back w/faulds from Allan at MercTailor, this breastplate looks "lopsided" to me.

I'll see if I can get some pics uploaded later today of how it sits right now, and I'll post them in my 14th C kit thread.

Sir William:
Could I interest you in making an upright utility sword rack?  I'm willing to pay, of course.  I could try and make one, but I fear I'd just lose my swordhand in the process.  I'm joking, but not really.  lol

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2011-02-02, 21:13:49 ---Could I interest you in making an upright utility sword rack?  I'm willing to pay, of course.  I could try and make one, but I fear I'd just lose my swordhand in the process.  I'm joking, but not really.  lol

--- End quote ---

Let me see how this next one turns out for me, and when I post some pics, if you're still interested, we'll give it a go. I'm no professional by any means, just DIY obsessed with most things.

Sir William:
Sounds great to me...you ever see Kill Bill?  Pai Mei's sword rack is exactly what I have in mind...you know, for the utility swords and polearms.  The really pretties will go up on the wall at some point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version